Windows 10

Man of Honour
I've only been running insider previews in a VM - had a few times when they boot up with error messages, etc. even though they function ok.

Soldato
Friends laptop is having issues with the creators update, all seemed to install OK but now edge force closes after a few seconds.

Tried the app troubleshooter which says the windows store licence is corrupted and fixes it but makes no difference to edge.

Easy fix is don't use edge but sadly they need it for work applications.

Soldato
Friends laptop is having issues with the creators update, all seemed to install OK but now edge force closes after a few seconds.

Tried the app troubleshooter which says the windows store licence is corrupted and fixes it but makes no difference to edge.

Easy fix is don't use edge but sadly they need it for work applications.

Any internet security products installed or trusted rapport?

Soldato
tempted to give W10 another go.....creating a VM to see what its like.

is there any tools to disable all the privacy stuff and to remove all the built in junk to W10?

Man of Honour
Only had my PC a week and had to do a clean install today. Creators update installed so ran CCleaner which deleted the .oldwindows folder or whatever it's called. Wouldn't boot and doesn't allow a repair :(

Man of Honour
It's apparently a known issue when Windows is installed on an SSD, no idea why it would make a difference, but Google earlier threw up a lot of articles/forum posts with that all being though reason

Man of Honour
That's interesting, that's the second time on these forums that ive read that somebody's ended up with a hosed windows install after using cccleaner to delete the windows.old folder.

It hosed one of mine after the creator's update and I didn't use cccleaner just removed the windows.old folder through the built in Disk Cleanup - I had my suspicions something was going to go wrong though when it was telling me it could clear up 24GB out of the 26.5GB used by the OS on the drive :D but as I was having issues with it anyway I was like **** it. Fortunately was pretty simple to get it working again via recovery afterwards.

Man of Honour
Windows 10 strikes again - tablet started spending (hadn't done any updates) 5 minutes on random "customising your experience" or "setting up Windows for you" screens when shutting down and some control panel entries were completely jumbled - in the worst case the battery tab was renamed Overview and the page was a jumble of mixed up labels with it showing 66 hours instead of 66% and saying fully charged when it plainly isn't the rest is just random labels from the page including the checkbox for "Slider to adjust percentage of battery threshold setting" where a slider should be that allowed you to set the battery level to notify you as low and a slider that lets you set the estimated time to full charge lol.

3qodyKH.png

3rd time I've had to do a complete recovery of the OS since the creator's update - as this is the GPD Pocket I've no choice but to use Windows 10 or Ubuntu but Ubuntu doesn't cover my needs.

Soldato
Which Atom cpus do not work correctly with the creators update?

I have a 2009 Asus Eee Netbook purchased in 2009 - with an Atom and 2GB memory (updated after purchase from 1GB). This won't update. Apparently any Atom cpu pre 2013 is not supported by Creator's edition. It tried, got nearly there and then said couldn't install and went back to previous edition.

Back
Top Bottom