Windows 10

Soldato
Just to give an example of what I'm griping about with the new settings dialog, on previous versions you could associate an app with all the file types it supports with a few clicks. Now you have to associate each type by hand. I cannot find any way to access the old dialog.

And what an efficient use of space on my 1440p monitor. :p

edit: this is the dialog I'm missing. Here you can "select all" and be done with it...

that just looks terrible and a pain in the arse to have to do for every single one.

I only ever use my PC for internet, editing videos and gaming.

Permabanned
Oh, it isn't that bad. How often are you doing associating the file types with programmes?
When a file type is associated with the wrong programme, just manually do it for that file type.
That's what I'm doing with the mp3 and different video type files.

Permabanned
Despite some minor improvements like DirectX 12, high-dpi displays support, better visualisation of file transfers,
it is indeed true that as a whole Windows 10 with its beautiless in this minimalistic UI, borderless, effectless design remains a trash OS in general.

Soldato
Despite some minor improvements like DirectX 12, high-dpi displays support, better visualisation of file transfers,
it is indeed true that as a whole Windows 10 with its beautiless in this minimalistic UI, borderless, effectless design remains a trash OS in general.

I like it mostly. It's much more optimised than win 7.

Where I don't like it is in the fact that eventually we are going to lose the classic style control panel and it's options and only have left this new metro style which is over simplistic.

You see if MS didn't decide they needed to keep up with Apple and their design philosophy, they would have got left behind.

On a different note, is the new CU available now to manually download?

Soldato
Permabanned
.19 is the final FU, .15 should immediately update to .19 once WU runs if you are on Insiders new setting I mentioned above I assume later today without being an insider.

Soldato
just a quickie - I normally do a fresh install with every new update - I was thinking about doing an upgrade this time - is it quite a safe procedure? or is it best to do a clean install again?

Cheers

Soldato
I think the vast majority of people upgrade without any issues. But obviously you need to make sure anything important is backed up properly should the worst happen.

I go for a clean install each time but I'm not normal. :p

Soldato
If people want the ISO now and know what to do with it manually, use this site...

https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php

All links go to Microsoft servers - I generated this link for x64 en-gb version but it will expire 24 hours from now...

https://software-download.microsoft...1508305095&h=1c2dc181b068058daea9dffd9d1e782d

First link did nothing for me, direct link was waste of time. 3 hours download for 4.4GB? :o

Did a bit google further so I cant find correct Windows 10 Upgrate Assistant version to download Fall Update but look like I found the correct MediaCreatorTool version to create Fall Update ISO with the guide below and tested download a ISO seemed worked.

https://techjourney.net/create-boot...rs-update-v-1709-16299-15-iso-images-usb-dvd/

kJ0pHjr.jpg

F0L0ws0.jpg

Now starting installation. :)

Permabanned
.19 is FU not .15.

2dliv51.png

Permabanned
.19 will still be the WU if you grab an .ISO AFAIK after today.

Why not just wait 1-2 days instead of 2nd guessing esp. if doing a clean install from ISO?

I went straight from Creators Update to .19 after re-enabling Insider setting as before I could not get any update to actually work since MS changes the method updates are downloaded and installed even if I used an .ISO (Same as many on Win10 forums in official thread).

Seems Windows deletes the thumbnail cache most restarts same as some past builds, MS will get it right one day.....

Back
Top Bottom