Windows 10

Soldato
Well I fixed the error issue, had to remove Bitdefender Free version and it installed ok, funny thing is on my laptop it installed ok with Bitdefender Free version, on my desktop PC I had to remove Bitdefender Free version as well, all running great at the moment on 1809 build.

Had to renable RGB display setting in AMD Control Panel and change the saturation back to my setting but nothing else so far.

Reinstalled Bitdefender Free version, working fine .

PCs got to love them when these things happen :) . Oh well simple fix :) .

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you store user data on your Primary Drive/Partition? I would hope that OcUK forumites would know better than that!
No i have not done since windows 3.1

i have always have a seperate partition of my stuff and any important stuff actually gets synced in dropbox etc.

Dont forget i have been usinng windows since 3.1 and never had any issues with it .

i got relled into the hype of osx and apple and used it exclusively for 2-3 years and then i recently swicthed back to windows due to the newer touchbar macbooks being a joke for a price and the keyboard being an absolute deal breaker!

I then went onto using windows fully for work and its never EVER missed a beat.

I have done critical releases for work, edited 42mp images, created a youtube video out of it and also tried a few video games on it(dell xps 13 and at the past, razer blade 13) and the system hasnt lost files, crashed exploded, attacked me with viruses, gone slow etc etc etc to what many apple fanboys and sometimes you guys here moan about!

I must be extremely lucky (touch wood) or i know my **** and how to work a PC.

Many of my friends also dont have any issues you guys have and been mentioning on this forum and me and my mates been using windows for a log time. building our own machines and everthing

Soldato
Everytime I try to update it says I'm up to date? Maybe it was rolled out in some regions and not in others

Both my laptop and PC had the update on WU, however I downloaded it to USB via Media Tool from Microsoft website, will give it to my brother later for his PC, just remember it does not like some third party AVs while installing ( you can reinstall your AV later like I did ), so if you use built in Defender you are fine.

Soldato
Upgrade went perfectly for me as usual, I know people do get/have issues but still to this day have not had a single issue on Windows 10 over many many machines,

Man of Honour
Do you store user data on your Primary Drive/Partition? I would hope that OcUK forumites would know better than that!

Aslong as it is backed up elsewhere no reason not to these days - not like it helps to keep the OS drive from getting fragmented or clutters up limited disc IO with non-system related data transfers, etc.

Soldato
Both my laptop and PC had the update on WU, however I downloaded it to USB via Media Tool from Microsoft website, will give it to my brother later for his PC, just remember it does not like some third party AVs while installing ( you can reinstall your AV later like I did ), so if you use built in Defender you are fine.

I have eset nod32. When I do receive it hope I have no issue? I'm not looking to force install. I'll wait my turn to upgrade. Not in a hurry tbh

Soldato
I know someone that can't get it installed from 1803 to 1809 build, does the download and gets to the 15% after reboot and says undoing changes, goes back to desktop after awhile and says

This is via Windows update and media creation tool via USB , also tried with Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant, scratching my head on how to fix this, got the feeling this update was rushed through the door without proper testing.

No file or registry/HD errors, memory is fine, all drivers installed, so this will be fun and games to fixed :) .

I did install 1809 version fine on my laptop so going to try my desktop PC next and see if that gets any issues, got a feeling I should stay on 1803 build since that is running sweet for me with zero issues, sometimes it pays to wait.

I wonder how many more bugs/issues they will find, they should really do more testing on their new Win10 final builds if they want users to stay with 10.

Hmmm I googled that error code and Windows 10 is not the only OS affected, it also affected Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 too.

Did you scan your USB for disk error?

If you install Windows 10 on SSD, you probably enabled drive encryption so you need to disabled when install Windows 10 then enabled it after update is completed.

If you have BitLocker Drive Encryption enabled then disabled it then enabled it after update is completed.

Best to disabled anti-virus, if not worked then uninstall anti-virus and reinstall after update is completed.

Open powershell and type in commands below each one a time:

sfc /scannow

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Soldato
I have eset nod32. When I do receive it hope I have no issue? I'm not looking to force install. I'll wait my turn to upgrade. Not in a hurry tbh

I had two Win10 PCs both with Bitdefender Free version, one installed the 1809 update fine while the other after reboot at 15% install then it went into undoing changes and gave the error message back at desktop . So I uninstalled my AV and tried again with no issue, I have installed Bitdefender after with no issues, so Win10 can be flaky with some third party AVs.

Soldato
Hmmm I googled that error code and Windows 10 is not the only OS affected, it also affected Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 too.

Did you scan your USB for disk error?

If you install Windows 10 on SSD, you probably enabled drive encryption so you need to disabled when install Windows 10 then enabled it after update is completed.

If you have BitLocker Drive Encryption enabled then disabled it then enabled it after update is completed.

Best to disabled anti-virus, if not worked then uninstall anti-virus and reinstall after update is completed.

Open powershell and type in commands below each one a time:

sfc /scannow

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Read my posts earlier or above , fixed it, was third party AV :) .

Soldato
Ok I gave in and trying to update. Updated and restarted but was still on 1803 that tried to run update again then it tried and it’s been on 100% for nearing 30 mins and still seems to be updating I think? The circle is still going?

Back
Top Bottom