Windows 10

Man of Honour
<insert facepalm gif>

At this point they clearly don't give a flying **** about the quality of life experience to the end user.

Permabanned
This reminds me of the XP fiasco moving from service packs. Hardware needs to be unified so Microsoft can get it right. I suppose it's because of the vast amount of hardware they need to 'support'.

Apple doesn't have that much hardware really compared to what Microsoft has to deal with.

Why don't they just bring the classic start menu back! Microsoft is rubbish!

Soldato
Yet again an update breaks my audio and messes with other stuff that it shouldn't. This is an absolute farce.

Not sure exactly which update it was but i had to reinstall my nvidia drivers (windows is set to not mess with device drivers but obviously something else broke it)

I think I'm going to have to customise a pi hole for home to prevent all Microsoft updates full stop because I'm going nuts and swearing at the computer each time I allow it to update.

Waiting 15-45 mins on startup on your laptop when you have serious problems to fix at work is infuriating too. I'm looking at a new personal laptop and may have to go Windows 7 and Linux dual boot.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I still can't get over it taking them 3 years after launch to put rudimentary group management features in the start menu and drop shadows... utterly contemptible.

Soldato
It's that time of the month again. Ensure your backups and restore points are up to date. :eek::(

You don't need to backup every month for Patch Tuesday or everytime when an update released from Windows Update and also you really don't need to create restore points. Because Windows Update always created restore points first before installed updates for 19 years now since Windows Me the first OS to feature system restore.

GLMTiEo.png

Soldato
You don't need to backup every month for Patch Tuesday or everytime when an update released from Windows Update and also you really don't need to create restore points. Because Windows Update always created restore points first before installed updates for 19 years now since Windows Me the first OS to feature system restore.

GLMTiEo.png
My post was intended to be a little ironic, given the state of Windows Updates these days. ;)

Soldato
I've blocked updates for now but is anyone else having issues with mysterious changes to random screen res and refresh rates? I tried installing newer drivers. Strangely this is only happening on the living room PC that's connected to my amp.

Back
Top Bottom