Windows 10

V F

V F

Soldato
What happens if your Internet goes down or the mobile service is out for a day? It has happened to me. I'm not saying I'll be using it but there is always a scenario that is going to cause a hurdle.

Associate
In December 2018:

• 6.6% of Windows 10 PCs were running the October 2018 Update
  • 83.6% were running the April 2018 Update
  • 5.7% were running the Fall Creators Update
  • 1.8% were running the Creators Update
  • 1.4% were running the Anniversary Update
  • 0.5% were running the November Update
  • 0.3% were running the original Windows 10
https://www.howtogeek.com/400961/windows-10-is-only-making-windows-fragmentation-worse/

I imagine 1809 use has grown since then. Wonder what it is now.

Man of Honour
I imagine 1809 use has grown since then. Wonder what it is now.

Probably bumped up a bit - several of my devices didn't get the 1809 update unblocked for them until well into December IIRC.

EDIT: I think some of the posters here should skim down the comments on that article hah - Windows and updates is far from in a good place as certain people try to imply and I'm not alone in that experience.

Last edited:
Don
Windows10 Annoyance of the day - random filename truncation when displayed

hBzrm2S.png

"testwnsFE.mdb" gets truncated to "testwnsFE." which just looks wrong. Either truncate with 3 dots like every other long name, wrap regardless of spaces (like XP used to), or just leave it as it was (as windows 7 did).

Change for changes sake

Soldato
hi guys

is there any way to download the 1803 iso?

some of software at work will not work with 1809, some software developers were very unhelpful or taking to slow to release newer version.

so we are rolling back to 1803!

i hate MS!!! for force upgrading to 1809 automatically. so we have to deferring the feature update to 365 dates in the master image

thanks

Associate
Man of Honour
I'm new to W10 and going to clean install Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 and was wondering should I use the script you linked to or use Group Policy Editor to disable updates?

Also, is Windows 10 (1809) stable or should I use a different version?

That script is the closest thing to full control over updates currently, GPE method won't stop all the behaviour of the updates system.

As to 1809 stability the answer is it depends - some people have no problems and a clean install to 1809 will probably avoid most of the more prominent issues that mostly come from migrating from an earlier build.

Back
Top Bottom