1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Glaucus, Sep 30, 2014.

1. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Never had a problem either, but ive removed just in case, may be working now, but i don't fancy it all going **** up one day out of the blue :p

2. mrbell1984

Capodecina

You mean you trying to say you don't trust microshaft with updates? :confused: :D

3. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

:D

4. Rroff

Man of Honour

I don't think it is hardware specific but it does seem specific in some way - my dad for instance on both his laptop and desktop Windows 10 usually updates in like 10 minutes, never had any issues except a couple of times Windows update decided to take matters into its own hands when he was actually wanting to use the machine. While over the spread of systems I have on 10 it is a very different story.

What gets me though - I have 2 identical hardware 2 in 1 devices that I run off the same image and after an update with no rhyme or reason not infrequently one will get its knickers in a twist and the other will be fine, despite them being deployed off exactly the same base, but it is completely random which it is - I'd put them on 7 only the hardware is only supported on 10 or newer.

5. mrbell1984

Capodecina

@Rroff I really don't know what would cause it then. Bit baffled how some people are fine and others not. I can't recall anytime where I have had an issue with windows updates so not sure how it's happening either it's software or hardware or a combo but can never pin point it.

6. Rroff

Man of Honour

This is what happened one of the times after an update LOL:

[​IMG]

That was right off a fresh deploy to both as well - exactly the same data on the drives but one came up with that LOL. (To my knowledge both machines are stable in terms of CPU and RAM so not like random corruption due to that).

7. mrbell1984

Capodecina

Well the software has to detect certain hardware so when things go wrong like that I can only think that it's reporting back as something else or miss reading something in the hardware. I don't think I have ever seen something like that before either. That seems nuts.

8. Rroff

Man of Honour

Something is quite broken there - it isn't quite apparent at first glance but the estimated time to full charge is a slider for instance not the usual ETA and several options were just default ones on the form (usually hidden unless used) that were showing and non-functional not just the information being displayed being wildly wrong. While it only happened to a small number of people I wasn't the only one that had similar happen with that lot of updates. The odd thing was how it happened to one system and not the other despite almost everything being equal.

9. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Latest bug fix patch for v1909 is out (optional).

KB4535996

Got no issues here, so its a pass. :p

Also had a cumulative for the .NET Framework too (KB4537572).

10. mrbell1984

Capodecina

Got it! Installing now...

11. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

I'll just wait until Patch Tuesday, when it'll install automatically then. :p

12. ChrisLX200

Wise Guy

Installed - nothing bad happened yet :)

13. mrbell1984

Capodecina

I have a new blue mail icon. :D

14. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

If you mean along the Start Bar, i noticed that was Blue a few days ago, but wasn't sure if it was new :p

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  15. mrbell1984

Capodecina

I never got it tother day it only appeared after I did this update and rebooted.

What's your winver? (mines 18363.693)

16. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Same as yours now, as i figured, if its going to install automatically a week on Tuesday, i may as well just install it now, so i did, and be one less update then too :D

EDIT:

Id assume, before i installed this update, id have still been on build 18363.657.

17. V F

Capodecina

So that is what it was.

18. mrbell1984

Capodecina

Dunno was it?

19. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Must a been :p

20. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Y3K Bug Exposed! :eek: