Windows 10

Man of Honour
Great stuff, thanks fellas. I shall get them installed later on today, a quick question if any of you know, does TRIM work on RAID, as it doe on a single SSD system?

From what I can remember, Intel introduced TRIM for RAID0 on the Intel 7 Series chipsets. 8/9 Series and C600 Series chipsets now also support TRIM.

Soldato
Been using W10 for a week or so now and so far I like it, however twice now the pc has just switched itself off, no warning or nothing, just complete power off. Anyone experienced similar?

Soldato
One small thing I have noticed (because I switch the PC off after each session) is that the computer takes longer to turn off with Windows 10 than 7. On the plus side it starts up much quicker.

This is not an issue, just noting. I have three SSD's and no HDD's in the box.

Is it not the case that in shutdown it doesn't really do a true shutdown?
It writes certain data etc, to the hibernate files to allow a quicker boot up?
Unless you've disabled this of course (like me).

IE. It's really a hybrid shutdown.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got a couple of small bugs on the latest Preview build...

Edge and Groove Music seem to have lost their accuracy with mouse clicks! it's about 1" off with Edge, to the effect that I can't click on a link as it tries to click on the link below or blank space! Groove Music is only about 2 or 3mm off so it's easier to still use, but Edge is now unusable!!

My OneDrive, depending on how I access it (Shortcut on the desktop, Tray icon, My user area link on the Desktop or navigating from C:\) will sometimes show as OneDrive and other times as SkyDrive! The desktop shortcut works probly 50% of the time!

I've only had a play for about 30 minutes last night! so I'll see what else is smegged up!!!

Soldato
Edge is bloody awful, I agree.

I personally despise google browser. My effign tablets all have it and I had to root my old Tab 3 to get rid of it... I would happily kill off everything to do with EDGE too, if I could be bothered.

Soldato
Before I upgrade to Windows 10 I'd like to take an image of my current install (just my SSD) so if it goes wrong I know I've got a recovery option. Any simple recommendations for a program that can do that?

Soldato
You can do it in windows control panel (but mine wouldn't work as the "hidden partitions" were too full - so I used Acronis - which has a free trial for a month.

I actally bought a new SSD and cloned Win 7 on to that. installed the clone and left the originalv win 7 SSD in a box - "just in case". Been Ok so far on 2 PCs (Asus Eee and i7 homebuild).

Soldato
I actally bought a new SSD and cloned Win 7 on to that. installed the clone and left the originalv win 7 SSD in a box - "just in case". Been Ok so far on 2 PCs (Asus Eee and i7 homebuild).

Interested to see you mentioning an Asus Eee... was that one of the older models or the newer X205TA model, one of which I updated a few days ago?

An interesting experience, to say the least! ;)

Associate
I came here to say that Windows 10 has given me nothing but crap since I updated to it.

Often it will crash/lockup due to downloading/installing a background update. I locks up my game and then I restart pc to see it install a damn update.

I hate this OS at the minute.

Back
Top Bottom