Windows 11 upgrade - Yay or Nay at the moment?

Soldato
Ive been using windows 11 for this past month with "StartAllBack" and theres very little difference from windows 10. It seems as stable and reliable and all drivers still work fine even my X-Fi pci sound card and the SCSI pcie card that I use with my LTO3 tape drive works perfectly. So Im more than happy with windows 11

Soldato
Does any one use Anti-Spy tools for Windows?

It may be that the drive has a legacy boot partition table on it ( like MBR ). Windows wants a GUID partition table onthe prime drive in order to maintain a UEFI bios setup. this may mean to you need to completely wipe the drive.
That's tried a few time but I could not figure out why it would no longer install, So I just downloaded and used the latest Rufus USB tool worked without an issue.

Associate
My PC doesn't meet the requirements for 11 according to MS so I guess not :) I think it needs a secuity chip or some such. I'd wanna wait for support / fixes with Directory Opus and Taskbar Tweaker then would try it, or just do a fresh install along with my next PC upgrade.

Soldato
My PC doesn't meet the requirements for 11 according to MS so I guess not :) I think it needs a secuity chip or some such. I'd wanna wait for support / fixes with Directory Opus and Taskbar Tweaker then would try it, or just do a fresh install along with my next PC upgrade.

If its the tpm thing you can turn on ftpm in the bios on AMD cpus to pass that check.

Man of Honour
Bug in photo viewer where the first photo you open if in a folder of photos won't expand to the width or height of the window, whilst the rest when you flick between them will. Doesn't matter the order you click for the first photo, as long as it's the first in the photo viewer window, it will be scaled smaller than the rest.

Soldato
I can upgrade now as it's appeared in windows update, do I do it?
Thats upto you.

I would ask.
1. Do you want a clean install ?
2. Are you happy to deal with minor issues ?

I've upgraded and think Windows 11 is great, I've only had minor issues but it need some more updates but the latest update will be more stable compared to the one I upgraded to.

Man of Honour
Is it ok to upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 or is it advised to do a clean install? Finally being offered the update through Windows Update but wasn't sure if I should just wait until I next do a fresh install

Associate
Just been offered the upgrade myself but not sure if i should do it or not lol im not having any problems with windows 10 and everything is running fine, is there any advantages to upgrading now?

Thanks

EDIT; i literally only use my pc for gaming if that helps :)

Last edited:
Associate
Bit the bullet and installing now, hope its going to be ok, i always get nervous with new windows and usually HATE the new addition for the first month or so lol lets see if windows 11 is any different

Back
Top Bottom