Windows 7 Impressions

Soldato
Got net speed issues too,this didnt work for me,says i need to be signed in as admin (although the account im on is administrator level).

Any other ideas?

Hi anything-but, it probably isn't letting you run that command because the command prompt is running with standard user rights and the command that you wish to use requires administrative privileges. This might sound silly since you are using the administrator account. However, because of the implementation of User Account Control which runs everyone with standard user rights including administrators, when you wish to carry out a task that would be seen as only administrators would do, you need to elevate the privileges.

In your case, since you wish to use the "Command Prompt", if you type in "CMD" (Minus the quotes) into the start menu search bar and then right click on the icon and go to "Run as administrator" and then accept the UAC prompt as SiD the Turtle has already said, you will then be running the command prompt with administrative rights.

Alternatively, once you have typed "CMD" into the start menu search bar, you can press Ctrl followed by shirt and then enter. This will have the same effect as if you clicked on the "Run as administrator" button. :)

Soldato
OP
just tried it.
Its not for me. If your gonna make a new thing entirely why make it look like the one its replacing!!

I can see it being faster and more responsive which is great because vista really is a piece of ass.

1) If they made it look the same, it wouldn't be entirely new (not that it is anyway)
2) You've obviously never used Vista, because it performs just as well as Windows 7.

uv

uv

Soldato
If your gonna make a new thing entirely why make it look like the one its replacing!!

Why fix something that's not broken? Why change an interface that millions of people already know?

Guess how many people have tried a linux distro, and then given up because everything's different, and they can't be bothered to learn over again - MS want people to pick Windows 7 up and be productive and comfortable from the get go.

Caporegime
Not long had it installed, and im loving it. :)

Straight from XP (never used Vista), so its all new and different to me, got a performance rating of 5.5 which isn't to bad, got 7.9 for gfx, and 6.0 for gaming etc....

Just finding my way around at present, but it seems great so far, big leap from XP.

1) If they made it look the same, it wouldn't be entirely new (not that it is anyway)
2) You've obviously never used Vista, because it performs just as well as Windows 7.

Yeah "obviously haven't been using Ultimate since its RC2"
You're so clever.

I am not saying completely change the interface. I am saying that Vista is a complete flop. I know it, you know it and Microsoft knows it. Make it look as different to Vista as Vista did to XP. Thats all I am saying.

What I don't like about it is the fact that its too much like the old. I want to feel like Microsoft have started from the beginning again and tried to deliever something new.

I know I'm gonna get quoted and slagged off by thousands of people with nothing better to do than love a piece of software but as a long long user of operating systems I feel I want something new.

Its my opionion. It doesn't affect yours.

Soldato
Any idea why this happens, when I first boot windows, my windows start next to my quick launch icons, but as I use win7 the windows move further and further down the task bar.......

image2so6.jpg

Soldato
just tried it.
Its not for me. If your gonna make a new thing entirely why make it look like the one its replacing!!

I can see it being faster and more responsive which is great because vista really is a piece of ass.

Vista couldnt be any more responsive and faster on my system??

Soldato
I am saying that Vista is a complete flop. I know it, you know it and Microsoft knows it.

Hi Fstop11, if your going to say something such as "Windows Vista is a complete flop" which will be challenged by a few people, as you have already said, please expand on why you think this. So, why do you think Windows Vista is a flop? :)

Soldato
I personally think the taskbar is fantastic, the whole OS just feels somewhat more finished and refined than Vista even in beta state and yes I've used Vista a lot.

I really can't put my finger on it but I am instantly comfortable with 7 where as I couldn't get on with Vista for love nor money.

Put it this way, in it's current state I'd probably buy it even so and I'm sure Microsoft have a lot more under their sleeve for this OS.

Soldato
Microsoft has shipped 100+ million copies of vista since its appearance in the retail market.

not entirely a 'complete flop' is it?

Vista Is a great OS and I wont be upgrading to win 7, cos I dont think theres any point when you have vista. But If vista runs sluggish, it might be worth upgrading.

I am glad it works so well on your computers. I really am pleased for you all. It is the worst OS I have used from them.
I don't give a flying """" how many people have bought it. It looks nicer than xp but XP has it completely beat on stability and performance. That is a fact I have proven to myself and many friends of mine agree.

Soldato
I am glad it works so well on your computers. I really am pleased for you all. It is the worst OS I have used from them.
I don't give a flying """" how many people have bought it. It looks nicer than xp but XP has it completely beat on stability and performance. That is a fact I have proven to myself and many friends of mine agree.

I will let you borrow my system for a week:D

edit: At the end of the day, no system is the same and ALL OS behaves differently, even if the systems are the same spec, if that makes sense.

Soldato

so you have some friends who agree with you. Doesn't mean your right.

Back
Top Bottom