Windows 7 Impressions

Soldato
I am glad it works so well on your computers. I really am pleased for you all. It is the worst OS I have used from them.
I don't give a flying """" how many people have bought it. It looks nicer than xp but XP has it completely beat on stability and performance. That is a fact I have proven to myself and many friends of mine agree.

Lol, the media who have performed fair benchmarks would agree otherwise I'm afraid.

Soldato
So whats the fact then ?

the fact is your wrong, thats the fact.

oh and some silly comments your spouting, like "vista is a complete flop" and "XP has it completely beat on stability and performance" which also go against what the facts are.

facts exists in reality.

silly untruths exists in your head.

here we have a clear distinction

Soldato
It looks nicer than xp but XP has it completely beat on stability and performance. That is a fact I have proven to myself and many friends of mine agree.

Hi Fstop11, I would beg to differ. I personally think the overall performance of Windows Vista is quite a lot better than Windows XP and quite a few of my friends also think this.

What sort of problems have you had with Windows Vista? :)

Ok so the fact that I can use my applications quicker in much better response in Xp over Vista is just a bizzare phenomenal is it?
Jesus any reason to argue on this place.

Why don't your facts explain to me why my Wonderful 10 star OS isn't working better than the one its replaced then?

Instead of ripping into my opionion. Why not try and use that talent to come up with a solution?

While we disagree, Fire Wizard is the only one actually listening to what I am saying!

Soldato
While we disagree, Fire Wizard is the only one actually listening to what I am saying!

then why don't you answer his question and explain to all of us in detail your problems with vista, all your doing is coming up with untruths about how bad vista is as a product, rather than how bad your experience is with it.

Soldato
So the media, millions of sales and your facts mean that my opionion and feelings towards Vista are wrong?

Yes, now go back down to the pub with your mates to rant about how you feel XP is still faster even though facts and figures argue otherwise.

Sorry but I always fall down and rely on hard facts.

The only way there could be any speed/stability difference with XP imo is with better more mature drivers or better compatibility with yours and your friends systems, nothing to do with the OS it self.

Soldato
the fact is your wrong, thats the fact.

oh and some silly comments your spouting, like "vista is a complete flop" and "XP has it completely beat on stability and performance" which also go against what the facts are.

facts exists in reality.

silly untruths exists in your head.

here we have a clear distinction

you ever thought your system might not be 100% compatible with vista and your system prefers xp,, If you took 10 pcs, at the same specs using diff brand of hardware, they will all run vista differently due to compatibility.

then why dont you answer his question and explain to all of us in detail your problems with vista instead of coming up with untruths about how bad vista is as a product instead of how bad your experience is with it

I have already explained that I suffer from sluggish performance in comparision to Xp when working with very large files.
I'm not here to ask for help because the OS isn't suited to my needs. I came on here to give my impressions of windows 7. I dont like it, it looks too much like Vista. End of.

Soldato
Would this really be worth me switching to? What would you say are it's most attractive features?

Current spec:

2.4Ghz Dual Core T8300
4GB Ram
Windows Vista Ultimate

Soldato
I have already explained that I suffer from sluggish performance in comparision to Xp when working with very large files.
I'm not here to ask for help because the OS isn't suited to my needs. I came on here to give my impressions of windows 7. I dont like it, it looks too much like Vista. End of.

what you came on here to do and what you actually did seem to be different.

what you actually did was tell us something untrue about vista.

did you not expect to be corrected?

Associate
That's fine but remember this is a discussion forum we discuss facts and opinions, please don't take umbrage to someone when they don't agree with your opinion. It doesn't change it ;)

Conversely those who think that Vista is the dogs danglies should not say that their opinion is fact. Personally I cannot stand Vista even though I spent £100+ on two OEM copies and spent 6 months using it as my main OS. I had better user experience with Win Me! Also for those who think new= better just think prime ministers.

As for the topic of Win 7 I am really really hopeing that this will be equivalent to the improvement that W2K was over W98. I want an OS which supports the latest technology, security etc but I want it to be able to be set up so it can work they way I want to interact with it. Vista has to many shouting stop ***** about! moments for the way I want to use a PC

Soldato
OP

So what's the problem with Windows 7 then? You've already said yourself it performs better for you than Vista did. The UI is light years ahead of XP and if you've been using Vista since RC2, it's hardly a massive change apart from the taskbar.

If you don't want to have a discussion, probably not best to post on a public forum. :)

Soldato
That is a fact I have proven to myself

Haha :D Doesn't really sound very factual to me! Something you believe yourself which cannot be proven beyond reasonable doubt is generally called an 'opinion'.

Also for those who think new= better just think prime ministers.

Technology versus prime ministers? That comparison is ridiculous and you know it. Vista is written to take advantage of newer, better hardware than XP, and thus has new features such as Aero and Superfetch that increase your productivity.

So because you don't like the performance of Vista, you're immediately ruling out 7 because it looks like Vista? Can't you see how nonsensical that is? Don't you think there might have been some changes under the hood?

One day, new versions of popular apps will no longer work on XP, and you lot will be dragged kicking and screaming into the present.

Back
Top Bottom