Winter 2020/2021

Soldato
That will be a radiative frost, the air temperature probably was 5C of similar but the lack of clouds leads to cooling of hard structures from loss of radiation to the sky. Hence the reason why car windows pointing at the house can be unfrozen and ones pointing at the sky hard frozen.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Tend to make the wrong call, ie put cover on screen goes to minus 5 but no ice, humidity too low?
Then this am had to go for covid jab not expecting ice so wasted 5 mins scraping away

Heated windscreen not working?

Soldato
Heated windscreen not working?

Ha what's one of those, iits nearly 20 and poverty spec

Screenshot-20210318-130318-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Ha what's one of those, iits nearly 20 and poverty spec

My first car, a 1987 Ford Sierra 2.0i Ghia had a heated windscreen.............

In fact, every car I've ever drive has had a heated windscreen. Well, except my Westfield, but that doesn't even have windscreen.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Seems like the first cars to have Quickclear were the 1985 Ford Scorpio/Granada Mk. III so you were quite early to the party ;)

I seem to remember that Ford had the patent, which has now expired, for many years?

Ah yes, I forgot about that. Apart from one Lexus, I've only ever owned Fords (one Sierra, two Scorpios, two Mondeos).

I just thought heated windscreens were as ubiquitous as heated rear screens - seems I was mistaken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Doesn't look likely for widespread snow - but high ground is probably going to get some tomorrow and April is far from nailed down - there is still plenty of cold around to draw from if the conditions are right (or wrong for you).

Back
Top Bottom