Winter 2020/2021

Soldato
Roof - lawns and cars had a dusting of snow this morning.

We went away in caravan in late 1980's to Stow on the Wold at Easter and I took my shotgun to do a clay shoot down there - Shot in a blizzard on the sunday.

Associate
Finished my decking at the weekend... really getting the good of it..

Started snowing here Sunday evening and while it brightened up a bit yesterday its stuck around and continuing to pile up.

Left the sprinkler out like a numpty too :rolleyes:

Zbf34dsl.jpg

Man of Honour
We've had heavy snow on and off throughout the day but it has quickly melted - it has been closer to hail than snow through really quite dense packed icy kind of "flakes".

They've been out gritting heavily as it has left the ground damp with -2C forecast overnight.

Soldato
Was pretty darn cold yesterday colder than the weekend barely 3c yesterday evening and even dropped to 0c at one point someone even said they saw some snow! Not sure I believe it myself...

Flippin' gritter lorries are going nuts thats the second time in days I've been shot blasted theres not even any moisture to freeze on the road surface its so dry here everythings turning to dust and the summer hasn't even arrived yet. Crazy.

Soldato
Had some icy starts and that winds on the cool side but the sun has some clout now, went to Hardy exotics near Penzance yesterday
so naturally had a mooch

Screenshot-20210411-150234-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Associate
Currently 8c and snowing here. Can winter just go away already?

Any meteorologists in the house? How far from/close to normal is this? :eek:

Man of Honour
Same here 8.5C and heavy snow showers - obviously nothing comes of it and tails off into rain after a few minutes before repeating again.

Soldato
It's not winter now but beautiful days, cold nights planted Afew things but it's a risk we take in UK, lost 2 established palm trees to Frost last year.
Car frosted this am as usual and she's an old non turbo diesel, takes an age to warm up

Screenshot-20210415-073016-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom