Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
based purely on one long scene.

without that scene it would have been another average rubbish GOT episode.

one
big battle
and everyone ignores the last 7 pretty dull episodes

So therefore you're implying the 'average' episode of GoT is rubbish?! GoT has always been structured with slow build up and then frantic finales. I'd rather watch (and really enjoy) an 'average' episode of GoT than any other show on TV atm.
If you consider the breaking of Cersei or Arya's training boring filler then maybe you should watch something else?

People always watch and love a GoT season after the pay off episodes, get really excited about the new season and then moan when the pace doesn't match that of the previous season finale. Then it hits the end of season and they love it again. Same every year. The pay off is nothing without the buildup.

Soldato
Seriously there's got to be more than one giant among the entire wildling army ???

That wasn't the entire army... from what I gathered he was the "elder" for the giants.

ma4pg.jpg

Associate
Baby Jesus on a Unicycle, that was some Peter Jackson level action!

Also got a decent script writer this episode, seemed a lot better with the character interactions. They seem to squeeze so much in to that hour it feels like a movie length episode looking back.

Just hope they have some budget left for 9 and 10, although there's one key scene which we know will be in the show that would have been cheap to film, lots of extras and a very low costume budget ;)

Associate
Baby Jesus on a Unicycle, that was some Peter Jackson level action!

Also got a decent script writer this episode, seemed a lot better with the character interactions. They seem to squeeze so much in to that hour it feels like a movie length episode looking back.

Just hope they have some budget left for 9 and 10, although there's one key scene which we know will be in the show that would have been cheap to film, lots of extras and a very low costume budget ;)

A HUGE orgy maybe?

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I was about to start whinging about how unevenly paced compared to previous seasons S05 is and how heavy handed writing for this season became with the whole "I'm going to spell it out for you by whacking the audience repeatedly with terribly soapy 'back of the class pay attention' dialog" we've been fed for couple of weeks now, then Jon Snow shore landing happened. Now (whacks table repeatedly to accent every word) that's the GoT I'm used to, why can't we have some of that at least once every fortnight?

Soldato
Waited 4 years and 8 episodes for this, they hinted it long enough !!!

Finally we see them properly.

I never truly understood the scale of how bad it was until this episode, the rest of the story lines seem feeble in comparison. All we've seen before now lead me to believe they were a threat, but nothing which couldn't be handled, now it's pretty evident that Westeros is pretty much screwed.

Back
Top Bottom