Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Have we ever been told why they can't just sail around the wall? Night King could have gone around it and built up his army secretly on the other side. Sorted. :p

Soldato
Have we ever been told why they can't just sail around the wall? Night King could have gone around it and built up his army secretly on the other side. Sorted. :p

I assume as it is rather hard to control the dead and make them do 'stuff' other than run, bite, scrab and kill.
Remind me, as it has beena while sicne we've seen the dead, but do any of them carry weapons, I recall the white walkers were handy with blades, but the dead, do they carry anything or just do plain zombie run, scrab kill?

I doubt they could man ships?
Or maybe he can't cross water?

Soldato
For how long has the night king existed in show timeline? from how far back in history?
Did the children of the forest create white walkers, or just create the night king, and he went on to make the walkers.
I forget that segment with Bran.

Thousands of years. In the show he was created when the Children of the Forest were being wiped out by the First Men (to come to Westeros) and started cutting down all the trees, being pretty defenceless otherwise. The books have a slightly different angle with WW but gist in both cases is to have a quasi environmental theme of how all this game-of-throne'sing and human affairs, while an interesting study on the human condition and all that, are ultimately pretty trivial compared to some horrible great natural disaster of our own creation that's looming on the horizon.

We see the CotF creating the NK and have only seen him creating new WW's and being able to Warg the dead, so it seems a fair assumption they gifted him solely with that power, maybe stole a few human babies and a few corpses to get started. From there they grew into a force capable of pushing back the First Men, before it all went ***s up and they got out of control and started going after their creators as well. Hopefully we'll find out a bit more by the end of the show from Bran's Greenseering. Obviously they got beat the first time but the NK survived, had a sulk and then has spent a very long time patiently growing WWs, collecting dead bodies and it's only now that they've got a big enough host to march south.

Caporegime
Yet it only looks like the Night King only has a handful of White Walkers, surely after 10000 years he could have achieved a better result?

I mean is it only infant men he can change (he was changed as a 20+ something man) and he has plenty of wildlings to choose from that are much stronger :|

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Thread locked. Clearly the children (of the forest) can't be trusted.

#seewhatididthere

Commissario
Thread is open again and it can't hurt to post a reminder.
Update on spoiler tags for the 2AM showing

The mod team have discussed the issues raised by members about spoiler tags and we have decided the following:

1. Spoiler tags are NOT REQUIRED when discussing shows that have aired in the UK already, INCLUDING the 2AM showing on Sunday nights/Monday mornings.
  2. Spoiler tags whilst discussing book spoilers, casting spoilers and anything other than events that have occurred in an episode that has aired in the UK are STILL REQUIRED. You should also indicate the nature of the spoiler (e.g. book spoiler, casting spoiler, etc).

Soldato
So, as I said above, for me the episode was not as good as a lot of people say. Maybe I just don't like the bits up north as I didn't really like the attack on Castle Black, back at the end of season 3 was it?

Also, I guess the ending wasn't a surprise as so many people had suggested it would happen.

Did love the big ginger guy and the hound's chat though :)

Man of Honour
Right, I am going to just pointedly say it. I dont like the Arya/Sansa thing. The change in them just makes no sense to me. Arya is suddenly a nasty spoilt brat with a serious mean streak toward Sansa, Sansa is on some sort of power trip stating that she won the battles not Jon and suggesting that people should be on their knees to her.

I know that time is accelerated in this season but it just seems like almost overnight the two of them have gone through some sort of magical personality transplants. It all feels terribly forced and Dallas/Eastenders-like

Caporegime
Right, I am going to just pointedly say it. I dont like the Arya/Sansa thing. The change in them just makes no sense to me. Arya is suddenly a nasty spoilt brat with a serious mean streak toward Sansa, Sansa is on some sort of power trip stating that she won the battles not Jon and suggesting that people should be on their knees to her.

I know that time is accelerated in this season but it just seems like almost overnight the two of them have gone through some sort of magical personality transplants. It all feels terribly forced and Dallas/Eastenders-like
Yeah after a period of being "ok" while playing Ramsey's victim she is unfortunately now annoying again as she was in the first few seasons. Unfortunately the girl who plays her Sophie Turner is not the worlds most gifted actress.

Soldato

Yeah It does seem a bit ridiculous that they would suddenly fall out so easily

As for the rest, OMG :D

I guessed the walkers would kill a Dragon and resurrect it, I just didn't expect it to happen so early! I was expecting it to happen during a massive battle in the last season

Back
Top Bottom