Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I think (more hope) that Arya and Sansa's little spat is them actually playing LF. Otherwise it's just stupid nonsensical filler.
i'm kinda hoping it turns out LF is a faceless man. when Arya set off the one in the temple gave a little smirk/grin as though some plan was being set in motion.

Caporegime
Bran is the night king? Or a conduit for his current... Wait this is stupid. I hope that route doesn't pan out.

I suspect there's going to be a time travel event to his origins and bran will be responsible, hodor style, for something but meh. How crappy.

Soldato
So so true....and in no particular order:

A fire proof girl mothers some dragons from a fire, dire wolves, a priestess births a demon killer, wight walkers and the knight king, people brought back from the dead alive, people and animals brought back from the dead dead, people brought back from the dead but neither alive nor dead, visions in the fire, children of the forest and the three eyed raven, all seeing all-Bran visioning through time, Sam getting laid, zombie mountain, many faces of the faceless ones, littlefinger's ever changing English and Irish accent, army of the dead, dragons, dragons, Jon Snow knowing nothing, Meister's reading all the mail, Sean Bean surviving to the final episode.........
and all those fit w/in the given magickal premise of the universe. nothing at all in that universe infers or states sudden teleportation of time bending when travelling. as has been stated numerous times, i believe, which is why people are losing their enjoyment of the episode. being all clever and listing events from the past episodes means absolutely nothing in regards to this argument.

Soldato
Saw this post on reddit which sounds plausible. Clearly not every second of this adventure was shown. Quoted due to swearies all over the comments:

It sounds reasonable to me but I don't really care that much as I'm just enjoying the story!

See, that does make sense, that it would take ~ 4 days for the ice to freeze enough to walk on again - if only they had hinted at that better in the show, it wouldn't have looked as stupid as the DPD carrier pigeons and warp speed Dragons getting there in half a day!

And to be fair, if it only took a message saying, help we're in trouble with the undead - why didn't she go with the Dragon in the first place :p

Associate
I haven't had any problems with the story progressing quicker this season, but the last episode was a bit silly really. The way it was shown, made it seem like they had only been at the lake for a few hours. I know they showed both night and day time, but surely it would have taken longer for everything to happen. Could definitely have been done a lot better.

Soldato
What did they eat and drink on that Rick for however long it took :D

Just silly. I'm trying to ignore it and enjoy the action and silliness but it is a bit much. I much prefer the plotting and intrigue of previous seasons

Caporegime
Bran is the night king? Or a conduit for his current... Wait this is stupid. I hope that route doesn't pan out.

I suspect there's going to be a time travel event to his origins and bran will be responsible, hodor style, for something but meh. How crappy.

I have just read the theory and think it would be awesome if true. You have to admit, they do seem to have modelled the night king to look strikingly similar to Bran in terms of facial shape/structure...

Soldato
Lots of talk about succession to Dany's throne last night. I'm wondering if Jon and Dany will have a son and that son is actually the prince that was promised.

She keeps saying she can't have children, because when she tried to keep Drogo alive, the witch I think cursed and told her so. Although I personally think its ********, so they probably can have a child. Martin being Martin, he did say we should expect a bittersweet ending, so she'll probably die in childbirth or something.

Soldato
Forgot to mention:

Jon basically cost that dragon his life. Everyone is on board the dragon ready to make their escape. Dany etc are shouting for him to get on but Jon decides he wants to advance on the walkers and start killing them...moving away from the dragon....utterly barking. An escape is in and out sharpish...not ohh we are all ready....could you just wait while i showboat my way througj about 6 walkers...need to give teh NK some time to respond to the Dragons you see...then when he sees the Dragon go down...his ego really needs that 1on1 stare with NK before eventually...saying unbelievably..."oh you leave without me" haha.

I do think he has some resistance to ice in a slightly similar way that Dany has to fire...though much much less. He was pulled into -20 freezing water im sure for at least a minute and gets out no worries and is fine?

Soldato
That Bran theory is just stupid. I makes very little sense and the evidence they use for it, doesn't fit at all.
I do wonder what part he has to play in it, I wonder if he will be able to Warg the Wight Dragon.
Forgot to mention:

I do think he has some resistance to ice in a slightly similar way that Dany has to fire...though much much less. He was pulled into -20 freezing water im sure for at least a minute and gets out no worries and is fine?

If you want to clutch at straws, the water might have been a balmy 30c. It was melted and warmed by the dragon fire and also a dead (possible hot) dragon.
I'd imagine afterwards though once it froze on his clothes, he'd be pretty dead.

Soldato
Probably due to him being stabbed previously, unless the plot is just getting a little carried away!

Caporegime
Forgot to mention:

Jon basically cost that dragon his life. Everyone is on board the dragon ready to make their escape. Dany etc are shouting for him to get on but Jon decides he wants to advance on the walkers and start killing them...moving away from the dragon....utterly barking. An escape is in and out sharpish...not ohh we are all ready....could you just wait while i showboat my way througj about 6 walkers...need to give teh NK some time to respond to the Dragons you see...then when he sees the Dragon go down...his ego really needs that 1on1 stare with NK before eventually...saying unbelievably..."oh you leave without me" haha.

Yes this was annoying. I was yelling at the TV "get on the ******* Dragon Snow!"

Permabanned
First off, I want to clarify that whilst I'm a huge fan of the books, I fully realise that the show is it's own separate beast at this point, and I infer very little between the two.

Secondly, I'm a massive fan of the show and anything the show runners do can largely be forgiven thanks to what they've already achieved.

However, last nights episode was, in my opinion, one of the worst we've ever had. I was originally just going to leave it at that, but I think it's unfair just to leave that statement hanging with no opinions to back it up. These are my own thoughts. I make a point of reading as few reviews as possible as to keep them as such. This is purely what I've pondered on since the episode aired.

I liked the first act. The exchanges between the characters where fun and natural sounding, if a little 'by the numbers' in terms of what I've come to expect from this season. The reasoning for going beyond the wall is still one of THE DUMBEST plot points we've ever had to deal with, but that's a different discussion all on it's own so I'll accept that for now.

The Winterhell story hasn't yet reached it's conclusion, so I'll relent on passing too much judgement. But at the moment, it feels petulant, poorly written and completely unbelievable considering the characters involved. Just no.

Second act was passable. Fight scene was kinda cool. The convenience of having a single Wight surviving the fall of the closest Walker is... forgivable I suppose. It can be explained away. Gendry runs to the wall with... ermmm, all of nothing. No information as to his groups whereabouts or how many Wights there might be. Just to let Danny know... something? Whatever. Jon and the gang run in the opposite direction, assumedly to lure them elsewhere so Gendry can make his escape.

Frozen lake cracks leaving them stranded on rock.

Bit of chatting.

Thoros dies.

Lake freezes over.

Wights attack again.

Many invisible extras where slain.

And then, DRAGON EX MACHINA!!! I'm sorry. I've been able to shrug off the teleporting entities up until now, but this was ******* ludicrous. THE MOST contrived, forced and poorly conceived plot point the show has EVER employed. Well, it would have been if it weren't for Benjin, but we'll get to that... I don't even have an issue with the supersonic raven as such. There where so many other ways this could have happened! Danny could have had a change of heart about letting 2 of her closest allies go North on a senseless suicide mission. Hell, she could have actually been at the wall with the Dragons before her merry band of idiots went North on there own. Bran could have done anything other then sit in his chair, NOT doing what the plot wants us to believe he's doing.

Sigh.... Anyway. One of the better parts of the episode was the demise of Vyserion (I think that's how it's spelt...). Why the King didn't nail the largest, most apprehensive, stationary dragon with 'team living' on it's back I'll never know. Regardless, it was genuinely upsetting and really well done for the most part. Danny didn't seem to bothered though. In fact, she seemed to care as much about him as the writers did about Rhaegal after this scene. I guess the CG budget ran out by that point and they'd hope we'd forget there where in fact 3 dragons with her...

Jon stays cus it's Jon and that's what he does. Almost get's swamped but no!!!! BENJIN EX MACHINA FTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! So inexplicably dumb for all the reasons you should be clever enough to understand. What should have been a really great moment was destroyed because Jon needed to be saved from the writers ineptitude this episode.

Whatever. He gets to the wall and bends the knee to Danny. WHY?!?!?! WHYWHYWHWYWHYWHWYWHYWHWYWHWYWHYWHYWHWYWHY?!?!?!?!?! She's seen the walkers! She knows they exist and has all but admitted she's willing to help destroy them! Why bend the knee now?!!?!?! What possible gain is there from this move? Other then to turn Jon's character into a sopping wet ****? Maybe I'm missing something here, I don't know.

I want people to understand that I don't necessarily have an issue with rushed plot points, supersonic ravens or teleporting characters. I have a problem with all of that NOT being sold to me. The writers can and have done so much better then this. That's what annoys me most of all.

Back
Top Bottom