Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
There's not really much fact to support that apart from them assuming that because the episodes are going to be 1.5x longer than the budget will be 1.5x larger. I don't disagree but it's fairly shoddy journalism.

Man of Honour
So we're looking at every ep being film length?

Why not just have normal runtimes but a full season? It seems kinda pointless to reduce the season length but still have more or less the same running time overall.

Soldato
From what I've read they are paid per-episode, so having fewer episodes does reduce the amount they have to pay the actors/actresses even if the episodes themselves are longer.

Also feature-length usually means anything over 70-75 minutes or something, so they're not going to be 90mins per ep.

Caporegime
So we're looking at every ep being film length?

Why not just have normal runtimes but a full season? It seems kinda pointless to reduce the season length but still have more or less the same running time overall.

presumably as the arcs have converged it makes more sense to have longer scenes and longer episodes

they can't just jump around to like 8 different arcs/locations now, instead there will be mostly Kings Landing and probably some battle up north

they've got certain key events they need to cover and perhaps this is how they thought they could better break up those events - I mean it made sense to have the wall being broken down as the end of season cliff hanger in the last season..

Associate
Yeah, I'm actually really glad the creators have the flexibility to adjust the episode length somewhat to better fit the story they need to tell.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Just finished watching Season 7 as wanted to watch it all together.

Loved it..only thing that bothered me is the last ep... they made it look like Jon and Dany are related...

Haven't read all the posts here but please tell me they are not brother and sister :p

Soldato
Daenerys is his aunt.

Rhaegar was the son of the Mad King. Older brother of Daenerys and Viserys Targaryen.

Lyanna Stark was the daughter of Rickard Stark, sister of Ned, Benjen, and Brandon.

Rhaegar and Lyanna were secretly married

Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, raised by his uncle Ned. His real name is Aegon Targaryen.

Last edited:
Soldato
... that means Jon is the legitimate heir to the throne of Westeros, she'll need to bend the knee now...however pretty sure she already will have done a few times by the time she gets the news. ;)

Soldato
... that means Jon is the legitimate heir to the throne of Westeros, she'll need to bend the knee now...however pretty sure she already will have done a few times by the time she gets the news. ;)

He's already pledged to her though, and Jon keeps to his word! But really it depends how 'legitimate' you believe any family's claim in general is - Jon/Aegon would be ahead of Danaerys in the Targ family pecking order and they think they're the legitimate rulers, Stannis thought otherwise for example - in reality it ultimately comes down to who has the power to take the throne and whether the different kingdoms will bend to them or can be made to bend.

Jon certainly doesn't want or care about being king and Dany's 'wheel breaking' has already been largely done for her since most of the great houses are in ruins... I see the Northern houses pushing him to be ruler once his lineage is revealed and between him being in love with her and wanting her to rule it seems likely they're destined to rule together as king and queen (if they both live) in some sort of constitutional monarchy arising from the ashes of the feudalist system, much like the War of the Roses on which is a massive influence on ASoIaF.

Caporegime
Just finished watching Season 7 as wanted to watch it all together.

Loved it..only thing that bothered me is the last ep... they made it look like Jon and Dany are related...

Haven't read all the posts here but please tell me they are not brother and sister :p
Dear god man, the info is a 2 second google away and has also been written on the last couple of pages of this thread. :p

Back
Top Bottom