Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
I liked how Sam said "You gave up your crown for your people, would Dany do the same?" which gets John thinking about Dani's reaction when she finds out - It's the only thing she's ever had as a goal since birth and I don't see her just giving it up for the "rightful heir" John nor would her people accept that without Dani agreeing to it and I think John can imagine that she'd decide to fight for the throne so I can see an epic face-off, post Night-King wars, between the two former lovers

Except she wasn't. She wasn't the 'rightful ruler' until her brother died. She hadn't been born into being the heir to the 7 kingdoms, in fact she should never have got anywhere near them with Viserys taking the throne and then it passing to his Son, when he had one. She accepted that Viserys was the rightful ruler and not her, until he turned too mad.

I don't think she will have an issue with 'giving up' the throne, I think she will have an issue with believing that Jon is a Targaryen. I think that is what will kick it off and will all end with Cersi sitting back and laughing!

Last edited:
Soldato
Stop putting everything in spoilers everyone. You'd have to be nuts to visit this thread after 2am and before you've watched it.

Was hoping for at least one significant death to get things going but thought it was still a great episode. I hope Daenerys goes at least partially off the rails.

Soldato
Well I enjoyed that, nice warm up, and not every episode can be all bells and whistles you need to build up to fireworks. I thought the Sam reveals will be really important and the Sansa/Dany dynamic is interesting given how the last season played out.

Soldato
Is it next week yet ? Pretty good opening episode. Loved the way Yara thanked Theon for rescuing her :D Also Jaime's face at the end was priceless. It will be interesting to see what if anything happens between those two.

Soldato
It was good, not the best by GoT standards but I couldn't help but having, knowing it's the last season that 'come on lets get going' mentality. It was a typical GoT ep pace from some of the earlier seasons which wasn't a bad thing but I fancied a big epic battle. Soon.

Back
Top Bottom