1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Hostile_18, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Who will rule Westeros?

Poll closed May 18, 2019.
  1. Daenerys Targaryen

6.8%
  2. Jon Snow / Aegon Targaryen

30.8%
  3. Sansa Stark

13.8%
  4. Arya Stark

8.1%
  5. Bran Stark

2.1%
  6. Sam Tarley

3.0%
  7. Tyrion Lannister

9.8%
  8. Jamie Lannister

0.8%
  9. Cersei Lannister

2.1%
  10. Gendry

10.8%
  11. Brienne of Tarth

1.3%
  12. The Night King

4.9%
  13. Other (please specify)

5.7%
  1. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

2. Richdog

Capodecina

Just... lol... :D

3. james.miller

Capodecina

Screw the plot, We all know scale = awesomesauce.

4. Tombstone

Capodecina

Cowards the lot of them

5. Rossi~

Capodecina

Reference: https://youtu.be/ZJ1yC3yESLQ?t=100

6. krooton

Capodecina

Yeah, I saw quite a few ride back with Jorah, and then in the next episode they said half were wiped out.

7. StriderX

Capodecina

8. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

9. Scam

Capodecina

I might have booked a gas safety check for Mon afternoon which I'll have to be working at home for. No way I'm risking doing a whole days work with the internet in front of me. :o

10. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

So essentially you got all excited over cgi that made you forget everything this show has been about for the past 6 seasons and the reason it drew such a big audience.
    But now because of 'epic scale' it gets a free pass.

The ending wont be unexpected, it will be a farce. The fact that the spoilers have been out for weeks and everyone whos read them thinks its a joke says it all.

Thank god we still have BCS for a few more seasons for storytelling that actually makes sense, thats a show that doesn't need scale to wow anyone btw.

11. chroniclard

Capodecina

Not seen any spoilers and wont see any before the end, if you actively want to spoil a show you have followed for years you are an idiot. :)

12. wolfie138

Wise Guy

they might have said that, but we didn't see it. to me there was not even a hint of a fight, the fire went out like they'd ridden into a tunnel. there was no major fight sounds (that I heard, TV volumes etc etc may be pertinent) and no action in the ambient light of all that fire. nothing shouted out to me that there was a major fight going on, I appreciate they'd gone for a dramatic looking image of the wave of fire in the dark, but when the above happened I was just "WTF is supposed to have happened?" and any interest I had in the episode left me. look what happened the last time we saw a Dothraki charge - it was nothing even remotely similar. if they'd had a massive swarm of dead piling in from the dark into the ambient light and their numbers crushing the fire into blackness it would have been, arguably, a lot more effective and realistic than that rubbish of everything just going black in a neat line.

13. Richdog

Capodecina

I have to agree with these sentiments, I don't understand why people actively seek spoilers fur future episodes and I have happily managed to avoid them thus far.

14. Random Guy Esq.

Wise Guy

Re: the reappearance of the Dothraki, had they not made that comment about the "end of the Dothraki", I'd have happily assumed they still had some in reserve somewhere - she was supposed to have 50K, and there's no way that many charged at the battle of Winterfell.

Regarding the petition, there'll be a few sad sacks who genuinely want the episodes remade. They should get a grip. I'd like to think the majority however are signing simply as a way of showing their displeasure at how things have gone. There's zero chance it will bring about remakes, but it might linger in the mind of HBO for future side projects.

15. neoboy

Capodecina

Don't think anyone is expecting it to be remade, merely a display of disdain at season 8.

16. DampCat

Capodecina

Even though the answer is yes, source: the people who wrote the episode; this is such a terrible, terrible defence.

17. DrToffnar

Mobster

That petition floating around is exactly the reason I can't wait for this show to be done with. I didn't really like that episode at all and am all up for open discussion about it, but petitioning the creators is pathetic.

18. Richdog

Capodecina

It's intended as a statement to show that many fans are extremely unhappy. It's not intended to get an actual re-shoot.

19. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Doesn’t make it any less pathetic.

20. wolfie138

Wise Guy

yeah, if they wanted to make a point why not start a campaign on forums to get people to mail "This season sucked ass!" and let the 2.5million emails speak for themselves. a bit like the Jericho fans mailing nuts in.

the funniest thing ever would be a reshoot that people liked even less :-D
    still, given all the multiple endings they claim to have shot, they can put them all on the DVD and people can pick one they like.
    assuming anyone buys the DVDs of course :-D