1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Hostile_18, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Who will rule Westeros?

Poll closed May 18, 2019.
  1. Daenerys Targaryen

6.8%
  2. Jon Snow / Aegon Targaryen

30.8%
  3. Sansa Stark

13.8%
  4. Arya Stark

8.1%
  5. Bran Stark

2.1%
  6. Sam Tarley

3.0%
  7. Tyrion Lannister

9.8%
  8. Jamie Lannister

0.8%
  9. Cersei Lannister

2.1%
  10. Gendry

10.8%
  11. Brienne of Tarth

1.3%
  12. The Night King

4.9%
  13. Other (please specify)

5.7%
  1. No1newts

Capodecina

I agree, sadly, the show was so good up until the two series I was happy for the show to the ending but now the show has metaphorically **** the bed I want the real ending again :p

But yeah he won't finish it, he seemingly has no desire as he is raking in cash elsewhere.

2. neoboy

Capodecina

Well looks like we're not the only ones disappointed, 4.9 rating after 61k votes on IMDB heh.

3. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

I think he will get the next book done at least. He posted this yesterday:

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/

Also...

[​IMG]

:p

As if Grey Worm didn't execute him on the spot.

4. No1newts

Capodecina

It was just... tepid, it wasn't bad, it wasn't good it was just a huge pile of "meh"

By halfway through I was doing some work emails preparing for tomorrow and my wife was doing some marking for her job and just occasionally glancing at the screen. It exists as an episode but that's about it :p

He's been writing for about 9 years now, he won't finish it.

5. neoboy

Capodecina

Yeah I can't say I got even remotely emotional at anything, I just had a good laugh at the Bran cringeworthy scene and Bronn talking about allocating coin to rebuild ***** houses :D

If we find out that this wasn't how books were suppose to be to be finished then I'll definitely consider the episode bad. As it stands I'm just putting it down as a badly executed episode that didn't stand a chance within the badly executed season.

6. Washout

Wise Guy

When the show started the NK was just a fable, yet they still existed. Just a useful place to disappear the unwanted ******** and thieves while keeping an eye on those roaming wildlings. They're friends with Jon but no doubt they'll be back causing mischief after a couple generations.

7. gettothechopper

Mobster

ah well it was adequate not amazing but eh

bad things
    danerys death scene was a bit rubbish - stab dead oh well
    100000000000 unsullied and horse dudes appear from where exactly
    very straightforward resolutions to everything all the time, not much drama or jeopardy or surprise or cleverness just "oh ok, oh ok, oh ok"

good things
    small council scene
    brienne and pod gold cloaks +brienne updating jamie wikipedia page
    everyone loling at "let everyone choose" lololol
    Bran warging into drogon possibly going to happen soon :D

8. RavenXXX2

Capodecina

Well that was ****.

9. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

The only thing that can save this is a prequel where Jon gets fed up of living in little shacks in the North, finally grows some balls, finds Drogon and embraces his Targaryen roots. Alas, it will never happen. :(

10. Martini1991

Caporegime

Absolute gutter trash.
    It was missing a middle section too!

11. SixTwoSix

Sgarrista

My only solace right now is memes...the only good thing to come out of S8.

[​IMG]

12. Kelt

Sgarrista

So the north declares independence, why wouldn't the seven or eight (count 'em) kingdoms do the same?

Wot's Branflake gonna do about it?

He's got no armies, no followers, all he could do is crap on them from a height in one of his warged ravens.

13. MooMoo444

Caporegime

It really really needed at least some kinda reaction / stepping stone between dany dying and Jon being in prison and them choosing a new king/queen. That was so sudden and jarring..

14. StriderX

Capodecina

Do the people who voted bran get a reward?

15. viathinair

Wise Guy

When they announced that S7 & 8 would be shorter, I tempered my expectations, just to be safe (not that I equate length to quality). When I saw the decline of quality in S7, I prepared myself for S8 to decline further. As I watched S8, I was prepared for the final episode to be awful. From that mindset, I wasn't too disappointed. Still, I can remember how I felt during the best moments of earlier seasons and part of me was hoping the show would go out on such a note. Oh, well...

16. neoboy

Capodecina

Pat on the back for being lucky ;)

17. viathinair

Wise Guy

I voted Sam Tarley for teh lulz :o

18. Scam

Capodecina

I think that was intentional because there was every chance she might kill Jon. But once we knew Jon had stabbed her I wanted to see a bit more shock and emotion. It just wasn't done all that well.

Perhaps that's the point and we should all feel somewhat happy for Jon. They "banished" him yet he's actually happy to go live north of the wall and have a good time. Maybe?

19. Yas786

Caporegime

Meh ending to a meh season of GOT. Happy that Jon skewered Dany, I always said from the start that she’s going to turn into an evil one, much more than Cersei.

Was kinda hoping that Sansa would have been killed off too, such an annoying character. Same with Greyworm, his face when Bran let him go was priceless.

And bran being made king?? The **** was that all about?? Geezus what a crap ending to a extremely crap season.

20. PlacidCasual

Soldato

Except so far none of the others want to form Kingdoms. An maybe by the time they do the King will be in a more powerful position Also if he is successful and brings prosperity they won't want to.

21. kindai

Soldato

Watched it this morning, was duly disappointed by the not unexpected way it went.

Thought I could, watch it and move on but its just been grinding at me all day.

Just frikkin jesus ****. I just cant get over how such a quality show went down the ******* so ******* badly. And this ******* final episode was just a rusted bent nail into the shows coffin to finish it off.

I signed that petition as a joke, and I know it wont ever happen but please god when JRRM finishes the books please let someone remake it correctly.

Hell I would take "extended" episodes of the current **** show where the huge chunks of time warp get filled in.