Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Oh, forgot:
Oscar for worst 4th wall breaking guest appearance: 'A Song of Fire And Ice'. You, off the set now, and take your water bottle with you.
Oscar for stupidest guards in Westeros: The Unsullied for the second week running. Were the ones guarding Tyrion the same as those guarding Jaime last week?

how can you bribe him when he has all the money?
Fair point! :)

Associate
Bran: "that's why I came all this way"
Also Bran a few minutes later: "I don't want to be king"

Tyrion: "I think you should all choose Bran to be King"
Also Tyrion few minutes later: "I can't be hand of the king. Don't listen to me , I keep making mistakes and giving terrible advice"

Written by morons..

Did that first one actually happen? Not that I can recall?!?

No idea who said it first (you can never be sure these days!) but my favourite YouTube comment so far...

"Bran be like: Chaos is a ramp!"

Ha!

Man of Honour
I'm torn over the last episode, I liked some of it but the overall conclusion was underwhelming.

This for me. It was an ok episode, but it wasn't a finale which will stick in my mind for years to come. I wont look back upon this finale as the epic finale to an epic show. Its an ending which will fade from my memory fairly quickly I think.

Caporegime
Why would anyone assault King's Landing? Disease and hunger would have taken the city before long. The Unsullied were foreign invaders who put the capital of Westeros to the sword. They had no friends on the continent, following Dany's death. They basically had three choices:
  1. Negotiate safe passage out of Westeros.
  2. Try and fight their way out.
  3. Starve.
They went for option 1.

You realise Westeros has... no real armies left. The armies have all been in war, most of the men are dead. THere wasn't an army left in the seven kingdoms who could actually stand up to them and the Dothraki, also the latter could have simply ridden out and gone raiding. No army would be mobile enough to run them down. The Lannisters were the rulers of the 7 kingdoms(or 6), yet there were basically every army so weakened that they had to hire the Golden company to even have any kind of chance and they were taken out as well.

Every major fleet was destroyed, the only ones left a few from Iron Islands and the unsullied still had a bunch of ships.

The unsullied/dothraki's were the major force left. The Lannister army (the biggest one) was literally destroyed, both at Kings Landing, at the castle where unsullied were somewhat ambushed but they still killed loads of Lannisters. The golden company is gone, the early war with Robb took out huge numbers from the north vs almost anyone supporting the Lannisters.

The Unsullied and Dothraki could have simply said we are the power, accept that, start rebuilding Kings Landing, bring provisions or we'll march on one of your kingdoms and take what we need.

Caporegime
I still can't believe how they screwed Jon over. Probably the biggest disappointed in any TV show I've ever seen. He deserved better than this.

I can quite honestly say, if I was Jon, I'd be regretting my decision to kill Dany after finding out where it got me. He could have been living the life with his hot queen and his dragon cousin, but instead his family and friends screw him over and banish him.

Soldato
I can quite honestly say, if I was Jon, I'd be regretting my decision to kill Dany after finding out where it got me. He could have been living the life with his hot queen and his dragon cousin, but instead his family and friends screw him over and banish him.
Yeah they needed to show him being a bit more happy at the end. He had a small smile as he rode out north of the wall, but it wasn't obvious enough. I feel really, really, really sad for him :(:(:(

Caporegime
So.

There isn’t a master of war, whisperers or law.

I’m assuming these positions are for Jon and Arya when they return, mind you that could be years.

So guess it could go to random people then assuming a sequel is in order.

Soldato
Arya's arc effectively ended when the NK died, which I found a bit disappointing.

A properly united 7 kingdoms would have also sat better with me - rather than (effective) 2 brothers and a sister slicing up thirds

So.

There isn’t a master of war, whisperers or law.

Who are they going to go to war with - their own siblings (ok its happened before but generally after many generations)

Any spinoffs aren't going to be about the 7 kingdoms imo - maybe Arya's journey west of Westeros will be one....Unsullied in Naath?

Soldato
I still can't believe how they screwed Jon over. Probably the biggest disappointed in any TV show I've ever seen. He deserved better than this.

The throne was Jon's for the taking. I dont know why he didnt just fess up or - more to the point - why Sansa or Arya didnt spill it? No no, we'd rather banish you to the wall! :confused:

Caporegime
Yeah they needed to show him being a bit more happy at the end. He had a small smile as he rode out north of the wall, but it wasn't obvious enough. I feel really, really, really sad for him :(:(:(

Yeah I was gutted for him. :(

The throne was Jon's for the taking. I dont know why he didnt just fess up or - more to the point - why Sansa or Arya didnt spill it? No no, we'd rather banish you to the wall! :confused:

Tyrion spends all that time saying to Jon that he should be the ruler, because he's fair and unites people, etc. Then completely fails to mention him and instead nominates Bran who has done literally nothing for 8 seasons. None of it makes any sense.

And it can't be because Jon apparently didn't want it, because Bran said he didn't want to be Lord of Winterfell because he "doesn't want anymore". But yeah let's make him king.

Back
Top Bottom