Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I was going to rewatch the series, but after this ‘bittersweet’ ending I am not interested in that or the prequels. Seems pointless.

Was thinking about rewatching earlier seasons as pretty hazy on most details, but as it stands there's other better things to spend time on.

Think with the spin offs, I'll wait to see if they get finished well and then binge away :D

Sgarrista
Commissario
The clever dragon explanation is my favourite TBH. Nobody alive at the time of the show really knows anything about dragons. Anyone that may have done died when Valyria fell. People can ride them, without reigns or verbal commands. And they understand verbal instructions, with context (i.e. Dany says "Dracarys" and Drogon knows that he needs to burn someone, and who that person is). They're evidently not stupid creatures. I wouldn't be wholly surprised if they're revealed to be brighter than the petty idiots who ride them.

Quite, and it seems they have emotional attachment as Drogon has always been protective of Dany.

Soldato
Have to admit the last EP wasn't great, there was so much potential for more.

Never mind, I enjoyed the big battles and her going nuts so season wasn't a complete waste.

Soldato
Was thinking about rewatching earlier seasons as pretty hazy on most details, but as it stands there's other better things to spend time on.

Think with the spin offs, I'll wait to see if they get finished well and then binge away :D

Having the re-watch fresh in your mind makes Dany's decent into madness a bit more acceptable as you can see the signs throughout more clearly in retrospect. I probably enjoyed Season 8 more having binged everything in the weeks leading up to it.

Soldato
BRAN...................****ING BRAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an absolute joke of an ending :D

Dothraki - Do nothing to Jon despite their Queen being murdered - What do these violent horsemen who follow no rules do now in Westeros?
Unsullied - Do nothing to Jon despite their Queen being murdered - What do these highly trained soldiers do in Naath without any other skills?
Drogon - Does nothing to Jon despite his Mother being murdered - What does it do now?

Gendry - the ONLY SINGLE PERSON WITH A VALID CLAIM TO THE THRONE - claim is ignored over a vote for Bran :eek:

Hand of the King & Group - Holding a meeting just like the good old "joking around" days ignoring the hundreds of thousands of dead, dying, homeless, orphaned etc in KL, LOLOLOL, lets joke about brothels
Pod - Saw the end for Brienne but didn't guess Pod would also end up KG
Sansa - Saw that coming
Jon - Saw that coming
Dora the Explorer - Yeap, that highly trained assassin is now a ship captain (no skills or experience) heading off without provisions to last more than a few months based on the size of the ship

One issue with Bran - when he dies they said they'll all get together and choose the next ruler out of the 6 remaining kingdoms, so whats to say that the next ruler isn't a bad one and we're all back to square one again i.e. if the Vale brat gets it, or if houses go to war again to decide etc - it's just a stupid decision.

Soldato
Having the re-watch fresh in your mind makes Dany's decent into madness a bit more acceptable as you can see the signs throughout more clearly in retrospect. I probably enjoyed Season 8 more having binged everything in the weeks leading up to it.
I completely disagree with this - I watched S1-s7 from March 15 this year - and her decent into madness was all of a few seconds during the attack in ep7

Her and Drogo where attacking Cercei's forces very tactically and precisely for 3/4 of the attach and then they stopped for a few seconds (and if I remember correctly the dragon actually landed on a part of the City / castle......and then suddenly took off again and started obliterating anything that moved

( there were what I would call tiny indications before that, but nothing that would indicate she would murder millions of City's population just like that)

Associate
Dany's forces are described as being 130,000 strong before the Battle of Winterfell, and 30,000 strong after. They lose almost no-one in the Sack of Kings Landing. That's still a lot of men. The Dothraki get creamed at Winterfell, tens of thousands of them die, but that still leaves a hefty number of them because she brought 70,000 or so across the Narrow Sea. Enough to have ride out in a square. Same with the Unsullied, she's described as losing half of them which still leaves a few thousand. Enough to line up and look impressive in a square.

Alright, but where were those 30,000 in the Battle of Winterfell? All we saw were the whole of the Dothraki troops charging in and several running back. Where were these 30,000 hiding when they all got inside the walls and were marching over to Bran?

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Bran is like that kid in class who's really weird, never does anything, never works with anyone but always gets the best grade for group assignments.

It physically hurts just how deep dive this show took and how hard it hit the bottom. Even Lost is lost in the daftness of this plot.

Soldato
Barathion's shouldn't have been on the throne to start with surely?

Once Robert had taken the throne from the Targaryens by force it is his, and his heirs, by that right. Jon/Dany had the right before Gendry was legitimised but once those two were gone that ONLY leaves Gendry with a "legal" right to the throne.

Man of Honour
Once Robert had taken the throne from the Targaryens by force it is his, and his heirs, by that right. Jon/Dany had the right before Gendry was legitimised but once those two were gone that ONLY leaves Gendry with a "legal" right to the throne.

I prefer a vote for bran. Oh, wait. It doesn’t make any sense.

Soldato
Was hoping Gendry would've been king and married Sansa to reunite the kingdoms. As it stands I don't think the Iron Islands would be too happy with the North being separate after all they've been through?

Back
Top Bottom