1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Hostile_18, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Who will rule Westeros?

Poll closed May 18, 2019.
  1. Daenerys Targaryen

6.8%
  2. Jon Snow / Aegon Targaryen

30.8%
  3. Sansa Stark

13.8%
  4. Arya Stark

8.1%
  5. Bran Stark

2.1%
  6. Sam Tarley

3.0%
  7. Tyrion Lannister

9.8%
  8. Jamie Lannister

0.8%
  9. Cersei Lannister

2.1%
  10. Gendry

10.8%
  11. Brienne of Tarth

1.3%
  12. The Night King

4.9%
  13. Other (please specify)

5.7%
  1. tyler_jrb

Mobster

The bit that gets me is Jon murders dany and then simply ends up in jail. Considering greyworm and his forces, Dothraki have been following and supported her since close to the beginning. You’d expect jons head and everyone else’s to be on a stick.

Then “I am the new king” and everyone just backs down and leaves for home like nothing has happened. It just makes so little sense.

The ending I reasonably enjoyed and don’t have much of a problem with. Just feels like season 8 has made the entirety of seasons 1-7 plot wise mean pretty much nothing.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  2. McGraw

Wise Guy

I’m not totally disagreeing with you but what would you have had happen?

3. ninezerofive

Gangster

Just watched the final episode.

Why would you rush this show to end and completely damage your career in process.

Could have easily squeezed out couple more seasons.

4. ~>Dg<~

Caporegime

sort of predictable.what i thought would happen did apart from who was crowned. pretty meh tbh. kinda like sopranos ending. i think its just been done the way it is for spin off series at a later date. which is a shame.

5. Steedie

Man of Honour

I wouldn’t have basically ended an epic 8 season show by having an hour of pointless filler that stirred no emotion whatsoever.

I’d have had Jon die for a start though. They made a point in the Battle of Winterfell when Beric died, that he was revived all those times for a purpose and when he served that purpose, he died. Jon killed Dany, he should have died after that some how so that it meant something and really give weight to the decision he just made to kill her

6. Donnie Fisher

Gangster

But him living is the breaking of the wheel of retaliation. (At least that's how I saw it ).

I just feel it could have been paced to 8 shorter episodes where a bit more story telling to tie up the background aspects would have been more satisfying.

7. ZG002

Capodecina

Fully, still doesn't change my mind that they are ****tards who ruined my favourite show so they could dip into walts big pot of money.

You are only as good as your last job.....

8. tyler_jrb

Mobster

Agreed, I was fully expecting Jon to die based on that very reason.

The moment Drogon melted the throne instead of him I knew it wasn’t going to happen.

I’d have probably preferred if he did, I felt sorry for his character instead. It makes you feel like he made the wrong choice.

9. neoboy

Capodecina

Clearly his purpose with the Lord of Light isn't served, "Game of Thrones - North of The Wall" sequel confirmed ;)

I was 50/50 on him either dying or going back North North after rejecting the throne but looks like he didn't get a choice on that one.

10. Bluntwrapped

Mobster

Maybe they didn’t show Grey worms reaction to finding out about Dany, because the actor was too **** to make it convincing?

After his promotion to warchief earlier in the episode, he didn’t seem that fussed about her.

11. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

So the person who becomes King is the one they gave no character development on for years and “why did you think I turn up?”

If he can see the future...and he knew he would be King...did he tell Jon about his birth just so he tells Dany? He set all this in motion so that he can be king? “Why did you think I turn up?” Malarkey.

It’s like the most boring character becomes King, it’s not like he isn’t deserved but it feels lazy as he has had no character development for so long.

12. EVH

Don

I'd have been happy if Drogon blasted through him, killing Jon and melting the throne.

Instead we got a terrible conclusion for Jon.

13. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Greyworm was literally raised to be an unemotional killing machine. Lack of reaction is exactly fitting.

14. Bluntwrapped

Mobster

He surely would’ve killed Jon on the spot rather than taking him prisoner. Didn’t make a lot of sense.

15. ZG002

Capodecina

But he reacted so bad to his lover getting killed and decided to go on a rampage next ep.

You can't have it both ways...

16. JediFragger

Capodecina

So are we to take it that Jon has gone to live with the Wildlings North of the Wall? If that's the case it's not really much of a punishment, just a banishment of sorts.

17. JediFragger

Capodecina

I thought that too, esp after the loss of 'Ma Sundae' too he'd have gone absolutely ape****!

18. McGraw

Wise Guy

True and Tyrion should have been killed too.

19. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Yeah, I agree with you there. Killing Jon would have been more in character. Not killing him was the politically smarter option but I don't see it as being in character.

20. Bluntwrapped

Mobster

All the looks he’s given Jon over the last few episodes too.. he was already angry with him. You’d think the death of his queen would be enough to tip him over the edge.