Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
What's the current theory on the mark that the Night King left on Bran? Some method of tracking him? When he came back through the wall nothing ominous seemed to happen so that's one idea gone!

Soldato
I wonder if we will still see Lady Stoneheart? Maybe the night king finds her and revives her to use as a weapon against the Starks but her love for her family stops her? Something like that?

Is the mountain an undead now? If so, would the night king have any power over him, or is that power only to "converted" undead, not any undead?

The most obvious reason they omitted her is that they didn't want to have too many resurrections in the show in order to make Jon's more dramatic. They needed to keep Beric being brought back by Thoros because Melissandre has to see it done to know it's possible and to give it a go herself further down the line. Since D&D know the endgame it's straightforward deduction that characters like her and young Griff don't do anything so pivotal to the plot that aspects of their stories can't be incorporated into the existing casts arcs without it making much difference.

Soldato
Yeah, the NK certainly wasn't aware of Bran snooping on him via the Warged crows last episode till he got too close. I'm hoping they'll flesh out the WW a bit more by the end of the season or next one though, it would be good to know WHY the WW turned on their creators or got out of control, what the NK's motivations are etc. All you know atm is that they just want to kill everyone, and they they like the cold (preserves corpses, isn't very fun for things that are alive).

Soldato
Is it me or are there so many plot holes? Well, maybe not holes, but inconsistencies? Like Jaime's sinking and then boom - on the far shore

Soldato
What's the current theory on the mark that the Night King left on Bran? Some method of tracking him? When he came back through the wall nothing ominous seemed to happen so that's one idea gone!

That if he is indeed Bran the builder marking him will now allow them to walk through the wall as the magic won't stop them.

Associate
Is it me or are there so many plot holes? Well, maybe not holes, but inconsistencies? Like Jaime's sinking and then boom - on the far shore

you do know that he fell into a river not a lake, that means the current carried him and Bronn DOWN STREAM

Caporegime
I wonder if we will still see Lady Stoneheart? Maybe the night king finds her and revives her to use as a weapon against the Starks but her love for her family stops her? Something like that.
Of course nor, that makes absolutely zero sense. I'm amazed how people come up with this stuff.

Man of Honour
Of course nor, that makes absolutely zero sense. I'm amazed how people come up with this stuff.

In a fantasy world where essentially anything is possible, on the medium of a tv show where pretty much anything some script writers come up with is possible, its really not all that amazing that people will come up with wonderings. My apologies to you though for offending your sensibilities with my stupidity

Caporegime
In a fantasy world where essentially anything is possible, on the medium of a tv show where pretty much anything some script writers come up with is possible, its really not all that amazing that people will come up with wonderings. My apologies to you though for offending your sensibilities with my stupidity

Just because it's a 'fantasy setting' doesn't mean that 'anything is possible'. Can a unicorn appear in the next episode? Will people start to sprout wings and fly everywhere? No, the GOT setting has it's own rules and restrictions and we still need to use common sense.

Lady Stoneheart would have been in the show by now were she to be present at all, and to introduce her at this stage would make less than zero sense from a storytelling or logical perspective.
Fan theories just get wilder the more the show goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Actually, any of those things could happen, because its just a tv show, not reality, so if the writers had a massive weird moment they could just introduce a unicorn if they wanted. WILL a unicorn appear, no, massively, astronomically unlikely, CAN a unicorn appear, yes.

CAN Lady Stoneheart still make an appearance with over 12 hours of the show still to go? Yes

Is it likely, maybe not.

Is it amazing that I should wonder if she will, not really.

Should you maybe reevaluate how the way you speak to people on a forum comes across as potentially over aggressive and rude. Probably.

Caporegime
Actually, any of those things could happen, because its just a tv show, not reality, so if the writers had a massive weird moment they could just introduce a unicorn if they wanted. WILL a unicorn appear, no, massively, astronomically unlikely, CAN a unicorn appear, yes.

The mind boggles.

Permabanned
Do we really need any backstory on the others? I've always liked the fact that they're this unstoppable, unknowable enemy that can't be reasoned with.

I have absolutely no theories as to whom the knight king could be... I just pray it's not some BS time phasing nonsense to do with one of the characters. I liked the Hodor scene well enough due to it's execution, but I found it's premise a touch derivative.

What do people think the final scene of the seasons going to be? I'd love for it to be the destruction of the wall, though we've traditionally had a cut to black on a dragons roar if memory serves?

Man of Honour
What do people think the final scene of the seasons going to be? I'd love for it to be the destruction of the wall, though we've traditionally had a cut to black on a dragons roar if memory serves?

I think the final scene will be the undead army "entering" the lands south of the wall, be that by going through, under, over or around the wall. Some long shot, panning outwards of the army marching south. Bit like the ending where it was a long shot of Danerys fleet, that sort of thing

Soldato
i'm still not sure of the logic of this whole zombies-to-KL thing, i thought the dead couldn't pass through the wall due to some spells?
anyhoo, assuming all gets pulled off, it'd be funny to see the last scene as the zombie infecting/joining up w/ Mountain and starting a second dead army in KL - kinda like the fact that their plans to gain an ally by proving the dead exist has backfired and doubled their enemies.

EDIT - i think Tombstone's scenario is the more likely, but i think it might be more subtle; a battle that ends w/ the impression the horde has been held off but then one of the guards on patrol will be killed in the dark and we'll realise the dead have got through somehow [it'd probably be the NK, for more dramatic effect] - or, the battle is won and just as they're relaxing, all the dead in the castle start getting up and attacking.

Soldato
For how long has the night king existed in show timeline? from how far back in history?
Did the children of the forest create white walkers, or just create the night king, and he went on to make the walkers.
I forget that segment with Bran.

Back
Top Bottom