Winter Olympics 2018

Soldato
The self-righteous/arrogant way these new aerodynamic skeleton skin suits are being reported by the UK press, seems very unsporting, it seems the ruling authorities have been caught on the hop, why was the UK not obliged to present the costumes earlier.
wasn't that what had happened with the Speedo swimming suits too ? retrospectively causing invalidation of Olympic records ?
If they win courtesy of these suits will the competitors not feel the award is diminished (... it is like arms war in formula one tech too).

the Mexico ski costumes are cool in comparison if you had not seen https://firenewsfeed.com/news/1138084

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Indeed the UK press are the UK's worst enemy at times.

Same as the bikes in the summer games......

Prefer the winter games to summer any time shame the BBC are so crap.

Associate
Dont know why the BBC arent just sticking the events up on the Iplayer/BBC sport so you can easily re-watch what you want. All we appear to be getting is a clip of the winning run and maybe second. Or having to pick your way through a highlights show.

Soldato
yes they are not tagging the timelines, like for the olympics - eurosport seem better (I am surpsrised at the quality of their apps stream - 1080?)

Soldato
Wouldn't be surprised if she's fractured or broken her leg somewhere, he leg clattered into the barrier at a horrible angle

SPG

SPG

Soldato
The two chaps who have been covering the snowboarding etc are fantastic, love the enthusiasm from them, best thing about the BBC coverage.

A great win !!!!!

Caporegime
Elise Christie must be the most tragic story in Olympics history, she always seems to get off to a poor start and then crash out.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Still young enough and good enough for another go, with the right people getting into her head she should do it.

I do find it a strange sport tbh, The cameras do not do the speed justice, watched a couple of people train at NIC before hockey (a proper use for a ice rink btw) :)

Associate
The two chaps who have been covering the snowboarding etc are fantastic, love the enthusiasm from them, best thing about the BBC coverage.

A great win !!!!!

Ed Leigh I don't mind at all, but Tim Warwood is another story. Can't quite put my finger on it, but I find him annoying. It might possibly be because he's just too over enthusiastic.

Back
Top Bottom