Winter Olympics 2018

Associate
Still young enough and good enough for another go, with the right people getting into her head she should do it.

I do find it a strange sport tbh, The cameras do not do the speed justice, watched a couple of people train at NIC before hockey (a proper use for a ice rink btw) :)

What I find strange is that when it goes to the judges, they don't use the footage/camera angles that we've seen/see. I would have thought it would make sense for everyone to see and use the same.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
What I find strange is that when it goes to the judges, they don't use the footage/camera angles that we've seen/see. I would have thought it would make sense for everyone to see and use the same.

Yep, its fraction of second stuff, maybe to it being not all competitions have the capability for the video evidence dunno really.

Soldato
Could not believe it when Elise Christie went down AGAIN! :eek: How unlucky can she be. 3rd time lucky and a medal would really make up for this. Assuming she's fit to race and not injured too badly, she has one more chance left and undoubtedly has the ability to win.

Associate
Controversy in the curling.

It's hard to understand why they don't use video replays to check the release, it's not like they don't have them in just about every other Olympic sport.

Soldato
The two man mens bobsleigh was insane the finish!!

After 4 runs Canada and Germany ended up dead heat for time! so they share the gold :)

Man of Honour

Well let's see what the result of his B sample is but it would be unusual for it to differ from the A sample and a case has already been opened against him. This must be rather embarrassing for the IOC, hopefully it can be cleared up leaving no doubt about his right to compete as a clean athlete but if not it must raise further questions regarding what level of scrutiny the OAR athletes were subjected to prior to the competition. And if that were to be the case the IOC will surely need some very good answers to avoid losing the respect of athletes and the public.

Don
Heard conflicting stories about this, he’s said he reckons his drink was spiked by a jealous competitor, but I’ve heard his missus has said he was using it to bulk up for his wedding.

Not sure what the benefits of the drug he had been apparently taking are though. Didn’t seem to be anything to do with muscle building?

Doesn’t seem to be anything to do with getting a competitive edge though.

Caporegime
Wow, Christie goes down yet again, injures herself, manages to get back up, and on the restart, she qualifies second and then is disqualified!

Did that girl follow a black cat under a ladder whilst carrying a broken mirror or something.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Once is bad luck, 3 times is something else. She did something stupid in the 1500 and got taken out and DQ'ed correctly and I assume she was correctly DQ'ed again today. If you compare her mental game to Lizzy Yarnold she is miles behind and at the top level that makes a massive difference.

Soldato
Once is bad luck, 3 times is something else. She did something stupid in the 1500 and got taken out and DQ'ed correctly and I assume she was correctly DQ'ed again today. If you compare her mental game to Lizzy Yarnold she is miles behind and at the top level that makes a massive difference.

3 times is indeed something else...go back to Sochi and its 6 times in a row she's either crashed of been Dq'd.

Back
Top Bottom