Witcher 3

Soldato
Huge read had a pretty good go but skim read some.. I sort of understand it which is the main thing and I loved skyrim and it seems pretty similar in style. Think I'll pre order this.

Soldato
I just pre-ordered from Simply Games after seeing that and mine has also been despatched allegedly. Would be epic if it arrived tomorrow but not holding out hope.

Caporegime
Got Act 3 to finish on Witcher 2, which from what I read is about 3 hours worth of playing.

Get that done this weekend and then roll on Tuesday night, I predict no sleep and being very tired at work on Wednesday.

:D

Associate
I really wish this was coming out on a Friday (ie. today) so I could enjoy it over the weekend rather than in the middle of a busy week at work :(

Yeah, Tuesday releases are rubbish, Fri would make more sense you would think. The music industry is moving to a global Fri release day as a way to boost interest and sales; games should go the same way.

Associate
So, for someone like me who didn't play Witcher 1 or 2 and knows nothing about the series or Witcher 3 ...

Tell me why I should get this, and what I am missing. Sell it to me.

Soldato
I wonder if it is a legit reason why some release on a Tuesday, can't really see the developers / company being happy games launching near enough midweek when the time to maximise on retail sales is the weekend.

Caporegime
I wonder if it is a legit reason why some release on a Tuesday, can't really see the developers / company being happy games launching near enough midweek when the time to maximise on retail sales is the weekend.
Actually was just reading about this - basically in the US due to its size, logistically things were distributed early in the week to ensure that it was 'shipped to stores' by the end of the week as thats when retailers would target advertising and the like. Music/movies already had a Tuesday release date so games just accepted that considering they would be using the same pre-existing distribution channels...

Friday from a UK-centric POV seems to be the far better day for both consumer and retailer. Hell I bet people take more time off due to a Tuesday release than a Friday one. We seem to adopt Tuesday for worldwide releases but Id personally prefer Friday for those too...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Man of Honour
Now that people are getting dispatch emails, let me remind everyone to use the spoiler tags when talking about the story in the game, and any of the more advanced mechanics that people might like to discover on their own.

If anyone spoils the game for me, don't be surprised if my banhammer slips and wallops you. Fair warning :D

Caporegime
Some Unity quality bugs :D

ztvnpk.gif

Man that cracks me up more than it should...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom