Witcher 3

Cool thanks, I'm only level 4 still and feel I've done a fair few side quests and a small chunk of the main quest line.
Seems like it's going to take ages to level up. Not long been in Velen and on level 4, I pretty much cleared the map at White Orchard.

Should my level be higher at this stage?

Last edited:
Aye, I've taken it down to the second hardest setting now. It's still challenging but much more enjoyable. I've also got the 1st full set of witcher griffin armour and two good weapons from some witch contracts. Much better now :).

Where can I find this griffin armour, from contracts as well? My armour is dire presently:o

I'm in Velen at the moment. Cheers.

Cool thanks, I'm only level 4 still and feel I've done a fair few side quests and a small chunk of the main quest line.
Seems like it's going to take ages to level up. Not long been in Velen and on level 4, I pretty much cleared the map at White Orchard.

Should my level be higher at this stage?

Sounds like your level is about right to me.

Not watching your clips.
My feed showed a naked woman on one of your Witcher 3 clips...felt wrong to watch it ;)

Haha, sorry about that, I'd had a few beers and thought it would be funny to record it :p

I'm about 48 hours in now, level 18 or 19 I think. I'm finding myself outleveling quests and finding that they're really easy when I go to do them. This is one of the few games I've had where I feel compelled to complete every single quest.

I'm also loving Gwent, finally got a decent deck now so starting to win more frequently.

Taking my time with this, on the blood & bones difficulty. It's a challenge, though not too difficult. Loving the depth of the game and I will probably play through again on Deathmarch. How are people getting on with trophies & achievements?

I am my own worst enemy on this game as i don't save often enough! :(

Also learnt the hard way about saving it frequently, a number of times at the start when i did little side missions did i find myself stuck in a mission i wasn't going to succeed in. Might play this tonight not been on in a week or so, started to get a tad bored and i only just got into Novigrad currently level 10.

Taking my time with this, on the blood & bones difficulty. It's a challenge, though not too difficult. Loving the depth of the game and I will probably play through again on Deathmarch. How are people getting on with trophies & achievements?

I am my own worst enemy on this game as i don't save often enough! :(

Yeah when you forget to save and then die it's really annoying, especially with the long load times. I find myself saving without really needing to think about it now I've played it a fair amount.

I've got 240/1000 gamerscore on it now, 15 achievements, none of which I've gone for, they've just popped out through playing the game normally.

Haha, sorry about that, I'd had a few beers and thought it would be funny to record it :p

I'm about 48 hours in now, level 18 or 19 I think. I'm finding myself outleveling quests and finding that they're really easy when I go to do them. This is one of the few games I've had where I feel compelled to complete every single quest.

I'm also loving Gwent, finally got a decent deck now so starting to win more frequently.

It felt wrong, I didnt say I didnt watch it :cool:

Due to work i've not had too much time over the last week, but did finally beat the warewolf that I had been stuck on :)

I started off doing every quest that popped up, now I think i'll stay on story quests for a while.

So what faction is the best for Gwent?

The Monsters always seem really powerful, but I have like not enough cards, where can you buy Monster cards from?

I find myself using the default one, Nilfagardian? The one where you win (two extra?) cards if you win the round.

Where do you get to play Gwent? I've played the Scholar at the inn at the white orchard. I've just finished up trying to do everything in that area before moving on.

Most merchants, smiths and armourers will give you a game, there's also a number of 'pro' players who you can challenge in each map as part of a side quest. I believe all of them will give you one card when you win, but only the first time.
Have a look at gwentcards.com which has a useful checklist. It's a very addictive game, pity it doesn't have any bearing I have seen so far on the main campaign though.

I was really struggling with it but I have a few hero cards now and I've started working out the best way to win. I've only just managed to get another deck other than Norther Realms, but I'm sticking with what I know for now.

So, Yen or Triss? (no spoilers, just your favourite based on personality/looks?)

Triss all the way for me. I can't wait to bone her.

So what faction is the best for Gwent?

The Monsters always seem really powerful, but I have like not enough cards, where can you buy Monster cards from?

I find myself using the default one, Nilfagardian? The one where you win (two extra?) cards if you win the round.

Northern Realms has the best faction perk and I found it was the easiest to get spys for.

Once you get decent hero cards any deck is easy to win with though.

So, Yen or Triss? (no spoilers, just your favourite based on personality/looks?)

Triss all the way for me. I can't wait to bone her.

I went with Triss on my first play through but its kinda awkward how much Geralt flirts with Yen when you can't control anything.

LOL Gwent seems easy til you play a pro :(

ps3ud0 :cool:

I think once you view losing the first round as a valid route to winning 2-1 it becomes much easier. I started thinking i had to win every game, but sometimes it's better to get the opponent to commit his best cards and then lose the game, giving you more options later.

Back
Top Bottom