Witcher 3

Soldato
I think the crafting stuff is pointless as well. Apart from maybe weapons and armour. All the potions and stuff just seem to require too many ingredients. Maybe I would need to level up my crafting but that seems a waste of a point as I prefer combat and magic.

You only need alcohol to restock and that's never in short supply and the few ingredients you need can usually be bought from vendors for a few credits . I used potions extensively and didn't really find the ingredients hard to get other than for the highest tier

Soldato
I got this the other day, I have to say I am not really enjoying it as much as I thought I would. The movement and combat seem clumsy, anyone finding this also?

Maybe coming from Bloodborne is the reason I am not enjoying it, the combat on that is superb in comparison.

Soldato
I got this the other day, I have to say I am not really enjoying it as much as I thought I would. The movement and combat seem clumsy, anyone finding this also?

Maybe coming from Bloodborne is the reason I am not enjoying it, the combat on that is superb in comparison.

Yup i too am struggling with how clumsy it can be and the combat fiddly and also repetitive. Moved on to Batman, more so for story

Associate
if you are serious about going faster then get a nyko data bank and a fast 3.5" drive.

SSD's in consoles are pointless due to no TRIM, etc.

Hmm, not quite, any recent SSD has garbage collection in the firmware and TRIM/garbage collection is related to deleted data anyway...

And to answer the question, it makes a massive difference, I have an SSD connected to mine with W3, Destiny, GTA 4, Neverwinter and a few others and the load up time is much improved, as is the loading of assets when in the game (I'm looking at you Neverwinter).

Well worth it IMO.

Soldato
Can't say I found that with mine and an SSD tbh. When I started getting near 800Gb full it was very slow.... Once the drive was in my PC all was fine and no slowdown even when full. ....??

Soldato
It's the placebo effect and trying to justify an expensive SSD for little gain syndrome, seen it plenty of times. Granted there are some gains (and losses) but if 3s is classed as massive then I don't know what to say. Here are some tests if you need any more convincing:

On topic, hardest part of game for me last night, tried to loot a shelf and below was an item you could inspect, much back and forth and I managed to get the shelf to highlight for loot rather than the item below.

Soldato
its a great game, marred by absolutely terrible controls and character movement

This 1000x over. Finally succumbed to buying this after seeing all the good reviews / comments on various forums. Now wondering what on earth people are on about, as it's so ridiculously clumsy and cluttered, it's stripping most of the enjoyment out of what should be a great game.

Can only imagine the reviewers were bribed as no review that i've seen mentioned the awful controls and jerky animation. :mad:

Soldato
Absolutely love this game, took 40-45 hours to "finish" the game, still have contracts and side quests and other bits of the map to clear. Did it on the second difficulty which was quite easy though, so just made another save on Death March and certainly need to play better now.

Soldato
I'm playing casually but now I've got to the second area it's a lot more difficult as some of the ? Areas have monsters a lot higher than me and until you get there you don't know what to expect (which is good).
I've only just hit level 4.

Soldato
Got bored pretty quickly of this, sold it to my brother as he loves the Witcher games, its ruined by the controls and character movement.
While being attacked/in combat, its nigh on impossible to be able to mount your horse without running miles past your horse over and over again, also struggle to disengage from combat. Very clumsy unfortunately.

Soldato
It is pretty clumsy and clunky control wise, if you manage to look past it though it's an absolute gem of a game. I have to admit it bugged me to begin with and still does since i've started a Death March play through to try and platinum but for the most past it's a GOTY game.

Soldato
OP
People will complain about anything. Only time controls are an issue for me is when trying to select "examine" when using witcher senses as you usually end up being to close. This game is absolutely stunning, the depth of it is unbelievable. The graphics are amazing, this is what next gen is about. Running through dense forests blows my mind. The amount of trees and foliage. Amazing. Love it.

Soldato
If the game plays poorly, it is poor. No amount of graphics can save a bad game.

Amazed none of the reviews have pointed out how bad the controls are. 10/10 game my arse!

I'll keep at it in the hope that I get more used to manhandling this pig of a witcher around but getting increasingly frustrated with the poor combat also now.

Soldato
OP
If the game plays poorly, it is poor. No amount of graphics can save a bad game.

Amazed none of the reviews have pointed out how bad the controls are. 10/10 game my arse!

I'll keep at it in the hope that I get more used to manhandling this pig of a witcher around but getting increasingly frustrated with the poor combat also now.

Feels exactly the same as gta to me. Don't recall many complaints about that.

Soldato

It is strange that this has generally been overlooked, personally I think the map system should have earned even more ire than the controls as its pretty much not fit for purpose and probably the worst implementation since Fez.

Feels exactly the same as gta to me. Don't recall many complaints about that.

really?. the character acceleration seems to be set way higher than in GTA, giving no sense of control by comparison imo. Almost as if they used Xpadder to port the controls over from the PC version.

Back
Top Bottom