Wladimir Klitschko V David Haye....it's on!!

just shows he has no real heart. a real fighter when they are losing would have went for the kill and either ko'd wladamir or punched themselves out and got ko'd.

guy's in UFC have fought the next week after dislocating bones, not caring if they lose or hurt themselves. guys have had several teeth knocked out too on the ultimate fighter and fought the next week too.

what rubbish. UFC guys HAVE to fight often because there isnt that much money in the sport at the moment.
not caring if they lose or hurt themselves? dont be silly.

Either Haye's toe was a real problem or Wlad had the best tactics.
Money is on the latter rather than former. I've broken a few toes and only the big one really made a difference to me in any way what so ever. broken small toe didnt stop me doing anything.

A rematch would be good, wlad can still aim to make him no 50 and haye can still go out with some heavyweight belts.

I lost any respect for Haye after tonight's fight, and like Klitschko more than I did before. Haye's toe excuse was pathetic and nauseating to watch. He's supposed to be a tough guy, he shouldn't let something like that affect him. Loads of other sportsmen go out and give everything when injured, and don't even mention the injury if they lose, let alone blame the loss on it.

The reason Haye lost is that he couldn't get near Klitschko. If he'd said that at the end of the fight I wouldn't have such a problem. I can see why people think Wlad is a bit of a boring fighter, but he is very effective and he proved he had the better tactics tonight.

So a 2nd fight would be exactly the same? you really think that nothing would be differnet at all?

No not really. We both know the toe problem was a joke of an excuse. If he had an answer to the jab he should have done what he needed to do in the first 6 rounds not in any of the rounds.

if the toe was stopping him from fighting like the wanted too and was really going to stop him throwing punches then he should have called the fight off till he was fit to fight

poor to use it as reason he couldn't fight his fight but still went in the ring knowing that
the pay packet know doubt made him still fight

So a 2nd fight would be exactly the same? you really think that nothing would be differnet at all?

ITs not like he fought some unknown last minute replacement, he's been trying to get this fight for how long now, 2 years, more? Please explain to me what he learnt from tonight that every single match tape he's watched up to the fight won't have told him and what he'd change.

He can't get bigger, he can't get taller, he won't get better, admittedly a trainer change can completely change a boxers style and tactics, but again at this stage not that likely and while certain trainers can seemingly turn a fighters career around you need a bit of REAL talent there to begin with which I simply don't see from Haye.

Haye, Hatton and half the other english fighters are all brawlers, when they finally come up against real boxers, they lose thats just the way it is.

A second fight would be the same, frankly I can't believe he even resorted tonight to the, rush across the ring then fall over tactic, he looked like a complete idiot.

He's had 2 years to come up with a plan to fight him, yet looked like there wasn't a plan at all.

AS for a toe, it could make a difference, its harder to see on the views they use for live coverage but after a fight they'll add in more angles, Wlad loves stepping on the guys foot before he jabs or goes for anything bigger so a broken toe + a fighter who loves to stamp on your foot could actually be a big deal.

Not sure which foot he said he had a broken toe on(which I'm assuming he has from the replies, didn't watch any of the interviews).

Me and my Russian friend were only two happy person in Local bar/ pub after big fight!
English fans are great as always, about 200 people made pub atmosphere sound like a stadium.

However Vlad Klichko is THE fighter, he puts heart and soul in a fight, he is great in every single way and great role model as a Sport person.

I don't get comment on: Klichko is big man...Valuev was bigger thn Klichko...

yeh

http://yfrog.com/h31v5dcj

pic he posted after the fight on twitter.

Got to LOL at the comment by someone on twitter there...

"I think by rematching Wlad and then possibly facing Vitali you put yourself up there with the all time greats. If you did go on to beat both of them you could say you beat 2 blokes who would've arguably beat any heavyweight from any era"

Really?? I mean...seriously?? Vitali and Wlad would have beat ANY heavyweight from ANY era. I really dont agree with that.

So no one thinks Haye ever had a chance if he actually went after him more often like he did in r3 and 12? Klitschko looked abit desperate for abit in the 12th.

Haye needs to give over about the foot, it's incredibly embarrassing. He wanted wlad to go after him but I think if he went after wlad we would have atleast seen a KO, don't think he ever stands a chance on points.

Think that ones a bit impossible to answer Tomb.

What an absolute joke of a fight from Haye. Absolutely disgraceful.

After all he said about Klitschko opponents being fat bums and he couldnt offer anything after 3 rounds, Just a total disgrace

His toe excuse is a completely disgusting. I cannot tell how much of a disgrace he is after bull**** excuses like that.

Tbh I couldn't even pick between the two before tonight. But Klitscho proved he deserves the credit that he doesnt get.

All Wlad did was stretch arms out( jab) keep head well back, tie other boxer up by grappling and pushing said boxer down.
You may well argue that this was his game plan to "survive" the match and won him the fight.
But he didn't actually go in there to beat Haye did he! He only survived.
Champion has belt challenger has to take said belt, if you keep it high enough he cant reach it!

I used to really like David haye when he was an amateur.

Now i just find him brash and disrespectful, i really hope he wins this fight but i really cant see it happening, he doesnt seem to bring anything to the ring that Klitchko cant deal with.

I stand by this comment even more firmly now :D

In all honesty it wasnt a great fight, but Vlad did exactly what many people thought he would....systematically grind down and frustrate his opponent over 12 rounds, Haye didnt do enough in this fight to win it, Vlad did enough not to lose.

Haye didnt look his confident self, he looked beaten before the end of the first round.

Shame really, it would have been to see if he did retire as a champion or if he decided to back his mouth up with a few title fights.

All Wlad did was stretch arms out( jab) keep head well back, tie other boxer up by grappling and pushing said boxer down.
You may well argue that this was his game plan to "survive" the match and won him the fight.
But he didn't actually go in there to beat Haye did he! He only survived.
Champion has belt challenger has to take said belt, if you keep it high enough he cant reach it!

Thing is that to be honest only a few of the times was it klitchko pushing him over, most of the time it was haye falling over himself because of the way he was lunging around and wheeling his arms about like an 8 year old in a playground fight, there were two instances for example where haye fell over where wlad was essentially nowhere near him.

Back
Top Bottom