Wladimir Klitschko V David Haye....it's on!!

LOLHaye...oh dear oh dear...all that pre fight rubbish and crap he came out with didnt exactly come to fuitition did it??...i was rooting for Haye to win but i really dont like the crap he spouts off before he goes into a fight...its pretty embarrassing when you cant put your money where your mouth is.

Guess his tactics werent exactly spot on from what i saw of the fight....shame really as i wanted him to beat Klitschko but the chances of him meeting him again are very small i would imagine?? or does he get an automatic rematch??.

So is he going to retire now??

I still can't believe people he tried to blame it all on the broken toe, it wasn't enough that he had to blame the entire fight on it in the after-fight interview, he then went on Twitter and posted an image of it. :rolleyes:

Seriously, he just needs to admit that on the night the better boxer won, he's not going down in history as one of the greatest British boxers, he's a nobody and he absolutely fluffed his biggest boxing test to date. I watched Calzaghe win a fight with one hand for Christ sake and this joker is complaining of an injured little toe...

To be fair a broken toe would be pretty painfull i would imagine. Still doesn't detract that haye got beaten. It was a boring fight.

If he was that unhappy with it, and thought that it would detract from his chances of being competitive they would have delayed the fight a week or two, he said it happened three weeks ago which gave them plenty of time to decide, but instead he made that pathetic pandering gesture toward the fans saying he didn't want to let all the amazing fans down by postponing the fight.

It's just laughable is all. Also, when he wears that bandana he looks a little bit like a homosexual pirate. Not that I'd say that to his face mind you. :p

Nah he meant general size as he also said he can't get taller, which is true.
Haye can get bigger, easily. Just has to deal with what he loses because of it.

Other than weight haye was only giving 3" in height and reach, that should be manageable.

I did actually mean more size, height, reach, none of which will change, he's 30, he's actually in excellent physical shape with clearly a lot of definition and bulk, he's basically at the point where more muscle will simply slow him down, which with being shorter and smaller, will get rid of his only advantage.

The only way he'd win is in tactics and skill, as I said there are times where a new trainer, along the lines of the quality of Roach, could drastically change that but, its his style, he's a brawler, not a boxer and he won't win against a real boxer.

I don't think the brothers are invincible, but think he was barely pushed last night and had a lot more to show if he wanted to.

Haye needs to simply be a MUCH better boxer to be able to move on and learn from this fight and come back with a real chance.

Being his right toe, it wasn't really a problem, frankly in this day and age I'd be pretty shocked if he didn't have something injected to pretty much block the pain from the toe in the first place. He's complaining about not being able to push forwards for his biggest punches, yeah for a knockout that might be a problem, to win a fight and score points, its really not a big deal.

His plan was to get one lucky punch and end the fight, there was no plan b for actually out boxing or outscoring Wlad.

I think Haye knew he needed to KO Klitschko as there was no way he was going to get a points victory in Germany...some sort of conspiracy theory that the judges there were against him...laughable really but his game plan was to KO Klitschko and finish the fight.

Personally i think that was the worst tactic chosen...there was no way he was going to KO him.

As for his broken toe??...when exactly did he break this toe of his??...im surprised he didnt mention anything about it before the fight unless i missed it??...lol at him blaming his broken toe for losing the fight...nah matey u lost the fight because quite simply you couldnt figure out how to beat him properly.

Plus how many times was he lunging and jumping at Klitschko, springing in off his toes to do so. As well as the whole 12 rounds which he spent bouncing around like Muhammad Ali. :p

As for his broken toe??...when exactly did he break this toe of his??...im surprised he didnt mention anything about it before the fight unless i missed it??...lol at him blaming his broken toe for losing the fight...nah matey u lost the fight because quite simply you couldnt figure out how to beat him properly.

After the fight he showed the interviewer his toe and it did look bruised and swollen, but he had no other problems with it during the match, even the pundits said it was nothing more than an excuse.

While I do accept the toe 'excuse' (always seemed extremely odd that he stopped sparring so early), I don't accept that it actually decided the fight. Infact I don't believe it had as much influence as Haye would like to think. He struggled all night to get inside the jab, by the end he was essentially trying to windmill Klitschko. Maybe he could have delivered a few more power shots if fully fit, but it wouldn't have magically enabled him to get inside the jab and deliver the bombs all night long, he'd still be looking at a punchers chance.

I did think this was a true 50/50 fight, but by the end I thought it was pretty clear that the outcome would be the same the majority of times if they fought more. And by 3 rounds in my main thought was however this fight goes, Haye would have absolutely no chance against Vitali.

I'd love it if Haye fought Vitali and got beat again, but I have a feeling he's actually going to do what he says and retire. I think he's left totally red-faced after this, the guy is only 30 though, talk of retirement is hugely premature!

The thing about Haye is that he's always talking about being an explosive, aggressive fighter but he's been so bloody cautious in his fights at heavyweight. He could have knocked out Valuev but didn't try, Harrison was an absolute bum but he took 3 rounds to throw a punch and threw two decent shots total against Klitschko in 12 rounds. Even the most casual follower of boxing knew if the fight went the distance Haye was never going to win.

After the fight he showed the interviewer his toe and it did look bruised and swollen, but he had no other problems with it during the match, even the pundits said it was nothing more than an excuse.

Indeed but its laughable that hes now using that as an excuse for getting beat...fact is that he wasnt good enough to beat Kiltschko last night which is a shame because im no big fan of the Klitschko brothers.

But im firmly in the camp that the heavyweight division is absolute pants at the moment...theres really no decent boxers around anymore...i remember the Tyson, Holyfield days...some great fights then. The heavyweight division is quite frankly a borefest now.

I think Haye knew he needed to KO Klitschko as there was no way he was going to get a points victory in Germany...some sort of conspiracy theory that the judges there were against him...laughable really but his game plan was to KO Klitschko and finish the fight.

Personally i think that was the worst tactic chosen...there was no way he was going to KO him.

Just saw his interview on sky, don't know if it was this morning or last night, but didn't blame the toe and rather said Klitschko was the better man on the night.

If it was this morning he has probably realised the toe thing last night was embarrassing.

Just saw his interview on sky, don't know if it was this morning or last night, but didn't blame the toe and rather said Klitschko was the better man on the night.

If it was this morning he has probably realised the toe thing last night was embarrassing.

Must have been this morning, I watched the interview with him on Sky last night straight after the fight and he not only blamed the toe once during the interview but about a dozen times, repeating it again and again. It was in that interview last night that he said to the interviewer, look you can see my toe if you want and took his boot off so he could show it to the camera.

I think Vladimir is too good technically to lose on points to a smaller guy like Haye, especially in Germany. I reckon someone is getting KO'd, whoever lands the big shot first will go in for the kill and take it. I think Haye might just do it.

I was right about Vlad not losing on points, mind you not sure which fight Foreman was watching to have it neck and neck going into round 7/8. :confused:

Vlad showed he was too good technically to lose on points to a smaller man like Haye, I really felt Haye would have thrown more big shots and taken more risks especially as he didn't look hurt from any of Vlads shots. I don't think Haye fought badly but he was beaten by overall a better boxer. He could only have won by KO imo.

Not only did Haye embarrass himself during the fight, the after fight interview was just about as low as it gets.

Yea, I actually thought all the trash talking before the fight was just for show but to then make an excuse after the fight just shows who Haye really is. If he won, he would have probably of still mentioned his toe and how he was able to beat him with it broke. :o

Not to mention making us all wait 10-15 minutes. :o

It's extremely difficult to fight against a big fighter like vlad who is just going to jab jab jab. I do feel Hayes gameplan was wrong tho, he expected vlad to sit back but he just kept coming forward jab jab jabbing.

Bring back Foreman, the lean mean grilling machine :)

Back
Top Bottom