Wokery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
There were warnings about what could happen if we went too woke, now hopefully people will sit and realise this is what happens when you go to far left.................................................... there's more nude underwear choice for different skin tones.

Soldato
OP
This is not 'wokery' it has nothing to do with that. This is just M&S using a dead mans name to somewhat promote their new underwear colour range.

It's about as woke as it gets to dress up how virtuous you are in producing something utterly pointless just so no one feels under represented. And it's taken however many decades and a black person dieing to realise their range had something missing and a missed opportunity to make some cash.

Soldato
Most of those examples don't match either so pretty pointless unless people are buying them to signal how virtuous they are.

It's underwear that's designed to not stand out against a skin tone, not colour matched paint for touching up a car. You don't understand virtue signalling, wokery or women's underwear. I'm out.

Associate
Why would anyone need skin toned underwear anyway. O.o
Many reasons. Wearing light or thin clothing can mean that in strong light your underwear can be seen through the material. If your underwear colour matches your skin tone this makes it much less obvious that your clothes are see-through.

Soldato
OP
Many reasons. Wearing light or thin clothing can mean that in strong light your underwear can be seen through the material. If your underwear colour matches your skin tone this makes it much less obvious that your clothes are see-through.

There's always been white, black and other colours so not convinced that they actually need to be skin toned now when they haven't before.

Man of Honour
I don't get why this has to be one way or the other.

Skin tone underwear of some kind has existed for a long time. I'm surprised that there wasn't already a proper range to be honest, it seems like a no brainer to me.

This doesn't disguise the fact that M&S are 100% jumping on the woke culture/social justice train that BLM both contributes towards and feeds off.

No - flesh toned underwear for women (especially bras) have been around for many years.

Exactly. This is why I say it's obvious they're attempting to side with certain politics. Such a routine change requires absolutely no justification, bringing up a political point (some may pretend it isn't, but it is) is totally unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom