Wolfenstein The New Colossus

Soldato
I'm probably in the minority here, but I have no desire to play linear shooters in this day and age. Perhaps I've been spoiled by games like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, which despite their comparatively smaller budgets, have more atmosphere and substance than all of the recent Wolfenstein games put together.

I hope Cyberpunk 2077 and Metro Exodus will bring something new to the table. Time will tell!

I think both have their place, there is a lot about a linear game I really enjoy, and I've loved the last two Wolfenstein games.

Soldato
I think both have their place, there is a lot about a linear game I really enjoy, and I've loved the last two Wolfenstein games.

I think linear games are okay if they get it right. The Single player in BF1 was both linear and let you roam about a bit. I remember near the end when you are in the village with the train before moving on I was wandering round and blowing up buildings with the tank just watching the destruction of the scenery was pretty good.

However Call of Duty I've lost interested years ago.

Caporegime
I'm probably in the minority here, but I have no desire to play linear shooters in this day and age. Perhaps I've been spoiled by games like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, which despite their comparatively smaller budgets, have more atmosphere and substance than all of the recent Wolfenstein games put together.

I hope Cyberpunk 2077 and Metro Exodus will bring something new to the table. Time will tell!

I sympathize to a certain extent, and still do find very old fps games like Quake or Doom overall a more enjoyable experience than the recent Wolfenstein games, but I also think that one of the variables that have changed isn't just the development for the herd, but in fact, it's me. I've changed as well, and it kind gets to the stage where one has been there, done it, got the t-shirt, etc. Maybe upping my dopamine levels might help. :D :)

Soldato
I picked up The New Order and Old Blood for 19.99 the other day and put about 2 hours in so far... think ill give it an hour a night and go through them fairly slowly and by then this should be down in price. Liking what I am playing so far!

Soldato
Ohh my, not good. Been casually looking at CohhCarnage stream of this game, just for fun as I was doing few other things. Problem is from what I seen so far in the game it looks pretty awesome ! Now considering getting this game one day. Problem is, I have not played the others. I have The New Order in my steam library, think I got it with a graphic card ages ago (April 2015) and only played an hour. If I would go ahead, is New Order the first game and Old Blood the second ??

Soldato
new order is open GL game and its pretty cack tbh just feels so bad with 60 fps cap and when i unlock the cap it increases the speed of the game.. old blood had some bad 21:9 issues so cba with any of them..

this one tho im buyin

21:9 full support and

"That’s why we built the game on idTech 6, which also allows for uncapped framerate – one of the features we’re most excited about."

will catch up on story on youtube!¬

Soldato
Ohh my, not good. Been casually looking at CohhCarnage stream of this game, just for fun as I was doing few other things. Problem is from what I seen so far in the game it looks pretty awesome ! Now considering getting this game one day. Problem is, I have not played the others. I have The New Order in my steam library, think I got it with a graphic card ages ago (April 2015) and only played an hour. If I would go ahead, is New Order the first game and Old Blood the second ??
The New Order is where the main story is at though. You could get away with just playing it if you're keen to start the New Colossus.

Associate
Posted two minutes ago on humble support twitter:

"Good news! Preloading is now live for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus! Onward to victory!"

Back
Top Bottom