Wolfenstein: The New Order

Caporegime
I'm playing it at the moment at 1080p, custom settings with Ultra everything and Uncompressed textures, and 4096 shadows (8192 seems pointless)

I also am using 2x EQ Supersampling forced in AMD drivers, because of the lack of in-game Anti-aliasing, so it's downscaling from 2560 x 1440 to reduce jaggies.

Graphics look good to me. It might not be Crysis 3 in terms of looks, but it's a lot more fun to play.

I think it's one of the more 'fun' first person shooters i've played in awhile. It's slightly less linear than COD but still has that over-the-top set piece thing going on. The opening 1946 section was brilliant and I've just finished infiltrating the prison in the 1960's

i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz
AMD Radeon R9 290x
8GB Ram
Windows 8.1 (Update 1)

Seem to be getting a constant 60fps with V-sync on. The only time I see a slight stutter is if I've paused the game for a length of time, it stutters for a split second when you unpause to re-load all the textures.

Soldato
It's another console fps on pc.

It's odd you say that. This is the most 'PC' single player shooter I've played in a while. Run and gun, just like the good old days before everything had to cater for joypads. Take away the iron sights and it would be all PC.

Associate
It's odd you say that. This is the most 'PC' single player shooter I've played in a while. Run and gun, just like the good old days before everything had to cater for joypads. Take away the iron sights and it would be all PC.

I agree with the run and gun and this is the only thing that is keeping me playing it. I genuinely have fun whilst that element of the game lasts only to be interrupted by a cut scene or some scripted part being chased by a metal dog where I have to slide under some rubble to escape it.

Associate
This has easily been one of the best games I've played this year. It's awesome. Old school shooter, reminds me of the good old days :)

Soldato
I've played a bit but haven't finished it yet. When I first heard about The New Order and saw screens I thought jeez that looks cack. Take the most enjoyable bullet target out of a game and replace them with robots? WHY!?

I was pleasantly surprised when I started playing though. There are still a fair number of Nazi's and the cut scenes are well done :)

If I was going to complain about anything it would be the guns. It's just not Wolfenstein without the Luger, Mauser Rifle and Flammenwerfer. For me, it's really just another sci-fi shooter but with Nazi's in it.

Man of Honour
2nd play through currently but playing on the other timeline (forgot about this) .

I forgot how to escape the little room you drop into after blowing up the turret and dropping through the hole in the floor?

:/

Man of Honour
When you complete it and you go back to the chapter select screen you get to see the other timeline selection screen. You can’t select the chapters after the first as it says you must complete the previous chapter to unlock it. Select the other character you originally played as and all chapters are replayable.

Playing the 2nd character your achievements and perks are still there so you can replay and get all the perks quicker again.

Back
Top Bottom