Wolfenstien The Old Blood

Soldato
Not bought this yet, but I thought I would share this.. This tweak is ment to fix the texture pop in.

If your suffering from stuttering or texture pop in the the fix is simple.

1) Press Winkey + R

2) Enter the following and press enter

%localappdata%

3) Make a folder called

MachineGames

4) Inside that make another folder called

Wolfenstein The Old Blood

5) Run the game and you'll notice the game now creates some texture cache files in the folder you just created.

6) Enjoy

http://steamcommunity.com/app/350080/discussions/0/620712364043746268/

Soldato
Great game :D

Very much 1990s FPS with simple gameplay, reasonable gfx & plenty of content for the price.

I would love to see Machine games get the Doom4 contract as same publisher, same game engine they would & should be on Doom4 right now ;)

Soldato
it has the same style of graphics as Dishonored, it's a sort of oil painting effect, it looks very atmospheric in the Burning Zombie town.

this is the best new shooter i've played this year

Associate
Well this sounds like a cracking game much like The New Order. I'll hopefully pick it up when its a bit cheaper.

Does anyone know how long it takes to finish on average?

Soldato
Question - Is there a way to 'stealth kill/takedown' the Heavy Soldier types? Tried headshot with the silenced handgun but no dice.

I don't think there is. I died quite a few times trying, and didn't find a way so I just dual-pistoled him to the face repeatedly until he died, then stole his Schlockhammer! :D

Soldato
Yes it's very enjoyable game. Super simple, which makes a change.

Maybe worth playing the game a little harder than normal tho, as it can be a little easy at times to chew through enemies. Then again, it can be hard at times as well.

---

I should definetly play through The New Order again.

Last edited:
Associate
Any tips on the boss ? (Otto) Tried all the obvious things but die everytime . Usually by the troops rather than him

Shot him in the mouth loads! When you fire a weapon he'll do his 'slam attack' where you fired from but not where you actually are - so you can shoot then move away when he starts to attack. He will attack the soldiers when they fire their weapons too. You can also duck under his 'sweepy arm attack' :)

Soldato
Any tips on the boss ? (Otto) Tried all the obvious things but die everytime . Usually by the troops rather than him

focus on killing the soldiers when they appear... only shoot at him when you're on your own... but every time you shoot you must run off............ the soldiers will kill you the quickest, so target them as your priority

Soldato
Have I hit a bug, the 'E' to climb sign is not coming up at the below point and I cannot find anywhere else to go so am now stuck......:mad:

350080_2015-05-13_00001.jpg

350080_2015-05-13_00002.jpg

Associate
Have I hit a bug, the 'E' to climb sign is not coming up at the below point and I cannot find anywhere else to go so am now stuck......:mad:

Looks that way. I had a ladder I couldn't climb out of the water in another chapter so had to restart from checkpoint.

I've reached the final fight and got annoyed with it so I've come here for a moan then that's enough Nazi blasting for me tonight!

Soldato
Looks that way. I had a ladder I couldn't climb out of the water in another chapter so had to restart from checkpoint.

I've reached the final fight and got annoyed with it so I've come here for a moan then that's enough Nazi blasting for me tonight!

Thanks, restarted chapter and all was fine, now finished and what a bloody awesome £15 spent that was.

Back
Top Bottom