Wolfenstien The Old Blood

Associate
Been busy with work so just got to chapter two.

It's more of the same, which is just plain fine by me - although I never seem to really "get" the bits where they claim to give you a choice between stealth or firepower. I mean if you go in all guns blazing they just wear you down with endless waves of enemies so really, there's not a choice at all. You have to go stealth first or it's just plain undoable?

If you go for the Rambo option, kill the commanders so that reinforcements don't arrive in endless waves. There are some parts of the game where there are a lot of troops anyway.

Soldato
Bought and managed to download last night and switched it on before bed - SLI doesn't work out the box and its capped to 60FPS.

One card it is then for the time being although I might try the SLI profile I used on TNO if I can remember what it is.

Soldato
What setting can you tweak in video options to improve the textures of objects such as buttons and switches on walls etc? I'm running at 1920x1080 with the video options set to the games High setting but I've not altered anything else. Just got in a lift at the start of the game and operated a button inside and it looked awfuly bland and blurred compared to the rest of the area. My GPU is a 760GTX and its running smooth as butter for me so far.

Soldato
Unfortunately, that is another id Tech 5 issue.

Mega-texturing sounded so good, but you end up with lots of blurred textures.

I see. So nothing can be tweaked to improve it? Bit of a bummer, that. Never mind, rest of it looks lush so far although I'm only about 10 minutes into the game.

Another question - Had a bit of screen tearing here and there although not too often. As in GTA V, is it better to disable V-Sync in the games video options and just enable it within the Nvidia CP? Anyone tried that?

Soldato
yes it has rectangles and squares all around the side of the screen, they flash on and off all the time, esp inside buildings.....it's the V-SYNC setting, turn it off.

but more annoying is it's all too dark, it's very hard to see the AI , i've turned the brightness up............but it is a very good shooter, much better than the the other game

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Just read the review on RPS, have to say i think they review a different game to what i play. That site has gone downhill so much. Time to delete the bookmark me thinks.

Soldato
Yeah the texture issue is slightly annoying, I remember Rage having the same issue too but I don't remember TNO doing it?

Run surprisingly well at 4k considering the engine does not support multi GPU so was only running on one 290X.

I liked the little Doom monster easter egg. :D

Permabanned
Just read the review on RPS, have to say i think they review a different game to what i play. That site has gone downhill so much. Time to delete the bookmark me thinks.

Couldn't agree more bud. It was my go to site but it winds me up now. I thought the Peter mol interview wasn't big or clever by John walker and almost felt like bullying. They always of the opinion that if people like stuff its no good. Bloody pc gaming hipsters :p

Very good game though to get back to it!

Back
Top Bottom