Woman injured as feminists and transgender groups fight at Speakers’ Corner

Caporegime
So it seems like the Alt-Left/identity politics loonies have taken the 'punch a nazi' thing even further - not only is violence against others on the right who they don't like seemingly acceptable (often previously under some weak guise that Student Republicans in say Berkley are 'Nazis' etc..) but now they've taken it further and decided that punching people who've views they simply don't like is cool - in this case other left wing people! Feminists who, while accepting that some men would like to identify as women, do object to people who were born as men being accepted as being the same as actual women.

While I'm personally ok with trans people from a social perspective, if someone wants to identify as a man/woman/non-binary/whatever then that is cool I can sort of see the arguments re: women's shelters etc.. (personally I think there is an obvious issue in sports too)

anyway this is a youtube video of the incident + Facebook post from the victim and below a metro article.

XCGoerD.jpg.png

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/17/woman...nder-groups-fight-at-speakers-corner-6933812/

A 60-year-old woman was pushed to the floor and punched in the face during a row between feminists and trans activists at Speakers’ Corner.

Police are investigating the incident which saw two groups, the Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminists (TERFs) and Trans Activists, fighting in Hyde Park on Wednesday.

TERFS believe that trans women aren’t real women and should not be given the same rights.

Maria MacLachlan, a ‘gender critical feminist’, was attacked at Speakers’ Corner in London’s Hyde Park at about 7pm on Wednesday.

Caporegime
Dowie you seem to spend a lot of time on the topic of left / right / trans / political / etc, you studying it or something?

As for this incident, I simply don't care. Things get heated at speaker's corner, this has been known forever. Going there to speak is doing so in the knowledge that it could go wrong.

Associate
Someone threw a punch for no reason I could discern, and immediately got dragged away by others.
If you are standing among a group of people with an axe to grind filming them without their permission, you should not be surprised to attract some ire.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Someone threw a punch for no reason I could discern, and immediately got dragged away by others.
If you are standing among a group of people with an axe to grind filming them without their permission, you should not be surprised to attract some ire.

One person threw a punch, ergo all the left are dangerous savages.

Caporegime
OP

Person turns up with the express intention of causing a scene, gets hit. I'll fetch my violin.

You've basically got it the wrong way around - the feminist group were organising a meeting, their first venue had to cancel the meeting because of threats from the trans group, the feminist group then decided to meet in the park and make their way to a secret venue in small groups for their meeting, the trans group showed up looking to cause trouble.

The feminist group is perfectly entitled to film in public, especially when they've been pursued/tracked down by a group of people who have threatened violence against them and are there to disrupt their meeting.

IT is therefore pretty dubious to excuse a young male (who identifies as female) hitting a 60 year old woman as somehow not worthy of condemnation simply because she was filming or her presence was intending to cause a scene - they wanted to have a meeting, and would have had one in their original venue if these trans activists hadn't made threats.

Caporegime
IT is therefore pretty dubious to excuse a young male (who identifies as female) hitting a 60 year old woman as somehow not worthy of condemnation simply because she was filming or her presence was intending to cause a scene - they wanted to have a meeting, and would have had one in their original venue if these trans activists hadn't made threats.

You've misinterpreted my lack of sympathy over this as somehow making a decision either way on whether this is worthy of condemnation. From the Facebook post quoted in the OP I'd be very surprised if the intention of the interaction wasn't to provoke a reaction, so really everybody got what they wanted.

Back
Top Bottom