Wonder Woman 2

Man of Honour
Stupid to bring back Pine unless it's a flashback prequel scene or an illusion/dream. His death was the launch for her character. Why undo that?

I suppose they need to really, Steve Trevor (the father and more so Steve Trevor the son/reborn) was as key to Wonder Woman as Lois Lane was to Superman.

Caporegime
It just smacks of them not having enough foresight and not being all that confident of the first movie doing well. So they want to get the 2 main elements of the first movie back together again while coming up with some half assed explanation for it.

If it isn't some kind of dream sequence or something then the reason for it is bound to be something thought up in 5 minutes tops.

Soldato
Yeah the reboot/recasting of the DCEU is causing WW, the only decent character portrayed so far, a huge amount of problems that they're now having to sort with this delay.

Caporegime
Speaking of the DCEU - they have just released the poster for the next T̶h̶o̶r̶:̶ ̶R̶a̶g̶n̶a̶r̶o̶k̶ Wonder Woman....

5wjwnc.jpg

Soldato
Hmmmm, not sure on that poster, as doodah said it's styled in a very "Ragnorak" way which doesn't strike me as a good idea looking at how much Marvel is hammering DC right now. In fact it'll very interesting to see how well this survives the DCEU implosion, with a years extra delay already (after filming) and cast changes to the rest of the EU.

Soldato
God damn, what a woman Gal Gadot is.
*drool*

I hope this isn't just 80s retro/revivalist stuff again. I've no idea of the story but I feel we're all past that now; it's been done to death. I'm barely even looking forward to Stranger Things 3 to be honest...

Soldato
In fact it'll very interesting to see how well this survives the DCEU implosion, with a years extra delay already (after filming) and cast changes to the rest of the EU.

Quoted from 6 months ago and I still don't see any changes now the DCEU has effectively been cancelled with no Superman (Cavill may still be?) or Batman (gone back to standalone). I hope that extra year has given them time to redo her story enough to make it a decent standalone film like the first.

Soldato
I might be in the minority here but I actually kind of liked Aquaman, and the first Wonderwoman was decent.

I can't say I really care about Superman or Batman anymore, at least not in the movie sense anyway. The best Batman related thing we've had in years was Gotham, Pennyworth was actually surprisingly decent too imo. I'd rather see DC focus more on good tv shows over big budget movies. Doom Patrol is excellent, Swamp Thing was pretty good (shame about the production issues leading to its cancellation), I'm not a fan of Titans but a lot of people seem to be enjoying it. As long as the DC content isn't on the CW network the stuff getting put out is mostly solid as far as I'm concerned.

Soldato
I might be in the minority here but I actually kind of liked Aquaman, and the first Wonderwoman was decent.

I can't say I really care about Superman or Batman anymore, at least not in the movie sense anyway. The best Batman related thing we've had in years was Gotham, Pennyworth was actually surprisingly decent too imo. I'd rather see DC focus more on good tv shows over big budget movies. Doom Patrol is excellent, Swamp Thing was pretty good (shame about the production issues leading to its cancellation), I'm not a fan of Titans but a lot of people seem to be enjoying it. As long as the DC content isn't on the CW network the stuff getting put out is mostly solid as far as I'm concerned.
I thought they were the best DC movies so far (Aquaman and WW). It helps having likeable actor/actress in the roles.

Back
Top Bottom