World Cup Quarter Final - England v Portugal **SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Sem said:
i remember afew weeks ago Jens Lehmann said the English dont have the mentality to win

he is 100% right and i now believe it

:(

from now on i will support england but i dont expect them to win anything

wtf, If we had of attacked Portugal with ten men it would have played into their hands, we had to play negatively and it worked, you could see how frustrated their players were. We have the mentality to win, it's just difficult with 10 men.

Soldato
reflex said:
I hope its your destiny that England go out of the world cup...oh they already did...UNLUCKY!

I tire of all this petty bullcrap, we don't take the **** when other teams get knocked out. Some people take football seriously, don't fuel the fire.

Associate
james.miller said:
reported again. READ THE FORUM RULES

and for what good? you think you're going to change the course of these threads and make the forum a better place for the next world cup by discouraging 'bad behavior' or are you just a compulsive grass/angling to get on the mod team?

Pez

Pez

Soldato
reflex said:
I hope its your destiny that England go out of the world cup...oh they already did...UNLUCKY!

Are you German?.. or are you just a fool with nothing better to do than wind people up?

Post reported, grow up.

Associate
Complete mess from well before the tournament all the way through. Amazing how you can make such a talented group of players play so badly together. Useless tactics, poor squad selection. I hope frank lampard never scores again in his life. Dont blame rooney at all as it was svens decisions that lead to the mess that followed.

Soldato
Malarkee said:
and for what good? you think you're going to change the course of these threads and make the forum a better place for the next world cup by discouraging 'bad behavior' or are you just a compulsive grass/angling to get on the mod team?

No swearing, posting of "adult" material, personal attacks or "trolling"

OcUK would like you and your whole family to learn and share via our forums. For this reason swearing and the posting of "adult" or offensive material is forbidden. Simply replacing some of the letters in a swearword with a * or any other character is not acceptable. If you must then please replace the whole word with ***** or other repeated character. We also expect members to behave respectfully and not launch personal or abusive attacks on other members. Those who post for the sole purpose of causing trouble are not welcome here and will be dealt with accordingly.

get the hint. Its your language, not bad behaviour. Like i said, the rules were there when you signed up.

Last edited:
Soldato
A big round of applause must goto Svensis for having the most talented group of players at Englands disposal for quite a few years. Players played out of position. Not being able to accomodate Lampard & Gerrard in the same midfield OR Drop one of them to give a better shape and formation. Picking four forwards when two were fit, one was just of school and the other makes a better telegraph pole than footballer. Well done indeed. The expectations of a nation fell squarely on your shoulders not the players and you failed.

Soldato
gutted, and i'm not normally a football man.

But today i thought we did deserve it as portugal did nothing really when we went down to 10, and the heart we showed to play for 50mins in that heat a man down was amazing.

Think ultimately sven lacks the tactical nous to see us through, he never seemed to be able to devise a system to get the best team performance from the players we had.

Caporegime
Malarkee said:

He's only doing a bit of forum policing like many of us do from time to time.

I'm no "compulsive grass" nor, would I want to be a Mod. (an impossible task I assure you) yet I reported him also ! :p

Caporegime
Rooney was never in a million years a red card, why didn't the ref step in and give US the freekick when 2 of them were trying to throw him around? It should never have gotten that far.

And as for Hargreaves, my God, what a player he is. 3 games in a row he's been nothing short of magnificent, and he put his penalty away (as he said he would in the papers). 10/10 for the lad.

Lampard should hang his head in shame, abysmal all cup, did nothing and was incredibly lathargic, Gerrard wasn't much better, Hargreaves did all the attacking and defending of the central midfield!
Sven was so adamant in playing Gerrard and Lampard together that he sacrificed 4-4-2, which pure and simple, cost us the world cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom