World Cup Quarter Final - England v Portugal **SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
something needs to change in the england national team...

if we cant win with a world class squad... why should we ever win.

our mentality needs to change... something isnt right with the english style ... wonder what it is

Soldato
i kinda expected the worst and hoped for the best so im not too gutted, with svens "tactics" it was always gonna be a tough match, yeah we lost but it was thrilling to watch :D hmmm who to support now, italy and germany :)

Don
TiZoR said:
i hope rooney rips ronaldos head off at manu :D
Or Man U get drawn against some league 2 club in the fa cup and someone breaks Ronaldo's legs.

To be fair to Portugal there pens were better than our, Gerrard's and Lampards were shocking as was Carra's retake, Hargreaves was also lucky to go in. Does anyone know why Carra's pen had to be retaken??

Permabanned
james.miller said:
get the hint. Its your language, not bad behaviour. Like i said, the rules were there when you signed up.

Come to think of it, they should suspend the rules on swearing for times like this. Then I could say what I really want to say about Sven and his "tactics"...

Pez

Pez

Soldato
reflex said:
What for? Isn't my fault he was picking on some other guy.

Well if your English, I see no reason to stir up trouble with no reason whatsoever by mocking the team and the members here for the loss, and having a 'Come On Germany' in your siginature.

Soldato
on reflection i would have played gerrard and cole in midfield and downing on the left wing for proper pace and proper left foot crosses. would never of happened tho :p

Associate
NokkonWud said:
Rooney was never in a million years a red card, why didn't the ref step in and give US the freekick when 2 of them were trying to throw him around? It should never have gotten that far.

And as for Hargreaves, my God, what a player he is. 3 games in a row he's been nothing short of magnificent, and he put his penalty away (as he said he would in the papers). 10/10 for the lad.

Lampard should hang his head in shame, abysmal all cup, did nothing and was incredibly lathargic, Gerrard wasn't much better, Hargreaves did all the attacking and defending of the central midfield!
Sven was so adamant in playing Gerrard and Lampard together that he sacrificed 4-4-2, which pure and simple, cost us the world cup.

Gerrad was out top scorer and was fantastice (i thought) against Portugal, he never gave up.

Soldato
Nismo said:
I'm the opposite, last few tournaments I have either been gutted or felt like smashing the place up.

Today = virtually no feeling at all, just 'oh well...'

Yep just the usual england tournament, i'd love them to win but its too dissappoiningto take seriously anymore.

I just think its a shame they paid sven all that cash, he wasnt any better than anybody else.

TBH both teams were rubbish compared with Argentina who i normally hate.

Associate
I like the way people can support England without getting there posts reported but if you support Portugal your the spawn of satan :mad:

edit - And now my sig is bad? Loads of people on this forum have signatures of England players..and i don't mind.

Soldato
M0T said:
Not only was he the only England player to find the back of the net, he was our best player by a long long way.

I agree with that. :)

Remember this is a family forum as james.miller has rightly pointed out.

Keep it family friendly guys, or this thread may go. :(

Soldato
tb2000 said:
I agree, but surely there's a number of other posts that should've been reported if that's the case? (about the trolling)

trolling is petty stuff, and mod's have already commented on it. one thing i dont like is people blantenly ignoring the rule of the forum they're using and i will report it if i want to. as for getting in with the mod team? please, half of them dont like me anyway. I'm not mod material lol

Soldato
my other thread got deleted, but it was only a spur of the moment thing, i didn't like ronaldo's attitude, as if he was looking for a tackle and just being smug, it wasn't particularly sportsman like, but life goes on, unlucky England! :(

44 years of hurt?

Caporegime
dirtydog said:
Come to think of it, they should suspend the rules on swearing for times like this. Then I could say what I really want to say about Sven and his "tactics"...
Rules are rules, not for suspension as & when it suits. That would be hypocrytical in the extreme and I'd rather leave than be a member of such a forum.

Soldato
RandomTom said:
my other thread got deleted, but it was only a spur of the moment thing, i didn't like ronaldo's attitude, as if he was looking for a tackle and just being smug, it wasn't particularly sportsman like, but life goes on, unlucky England! :(

44 years of hurt?

80years of hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom