World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
I received mine yesterday.

Love the monitor so far - but the fan noise - is this normal? I know there is meant to be an audible fan noise that is easily masked by content.

After a few minutes of operation it starts and it has almost a raspy/clicky sound to it - I could live with a blowing type sound. I can hear it faintly through content at a low volume. With no content playing, I can hear it constantly - on top of my work laptop fan. What is the general consensus on what the should fan sound like?

Dell tell me it is normal but I don't think I can accept this at the price point.

Associate
Mine is barely audible at a normal distance and not a raspy or clicky sound, just a low fan tone. Any kind of content is drowning it out.

I dream of a low fan tone - this is definitely a clicky type sound. Almost similar to when the bearings are going on a case fan and you have to tap them to now and then...

Associate
I can hear mine over my desktop when I'm not wearing my headphones. That said I wouldn't call it loud, or clicky, or anything. I'm pretty sure the only reason I hear it is because I've got my case/cpu fans set to a quite low RPM during idle/browsing.

I'd say if you can quite audibly hear clicking or anything then the bearing is probably going in one of the fans.

Associate
This isn't normal.

I have asked Dell to kick off the warranty replacement process - hopefully they send me a new panel and exchange it for this one vs. me having to send it all back.

Associate
Funny question... When did everyone get charged for the monitor, I am having trouble tracking down money coming out of my account for it and I have already received it.
Money went out when I got UPS Shipping Notification couple days before my delivery.

Set mine up today, it’s beautiful.

Associate
Just had my first panel refresh pop up occur. Anyone have any experience using panel refresh? can you stop the panel refresh when its doing its process? Thinking of doing the refresh at night while the PC is turned off.

Back
Top Bottom