World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
Gsync compatible does absolutely not gaurantee flicker free experience- all LG OLEDs are gsync compatible and yet all of them have near black flickering

What you just said stands against what NVIDIA themselves said many times over about their cert process - every certificate of the G-Sync family (G-Sync Compatible included) has a lot of requirements and that includes lack of any flicker related to vrr. They claimed it's one of the core tests they conduct, and any sign of flickering means they refuse G-Sync cert for that panel. However! That does not mean they can test every single scenario. And so far, every single VA or IPS or TN monitor I've seen with their cert had no shred of any flickering at all (unlike lots of Samsung FreeSync ones, which tend to flicker madly).

However, I have 0 experience with OLED for gaming (including LG OLED). Still, just a quick look at Reddit and I can see a few complaints about LG OLED, but also a lot of people who do not experience these issues. Some claim newer TV firmware fixed it for them fully. Without seeing and testing it myself, I can't say what might be causing this, but I definitely will do it when I get one in my hands. :)

Associate
I remember seeing it on my LG cx when I first got it. It happened in very specific circumstances though which I personally never really had often which is why I wasnt really bothered by it. I haven't seen it more recently ether way but not sure if that's because I've not played content that shows it or if it was the firmware update basically.

Associate
Thank you for contacting Dell Customer Care.

I understand that initial estimated shipped date was 23-03-2022, however unfortunately it has been delayed due to global part shortage that we are experiencing.

We are waiting for the parts from our suppliers, once it is received your order would be shipped according to the revised date which will be updated within the next 24-48 hours, I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

I would like to offer 5% including vat as a goodwill for all the hassles, please write back to this email once the order is delivered to you so that I can initiate the refund for the said amount

So potentially 847 less 5% = £800 less 5% quidco £760. Happy to wait.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So potentially 847 less 5% = £800 less 5% quidco £760. Happy to wait.
Yep. I am just hoping they are going by order received, rather than confirmed.

I do wonder if it is as case of them waiting on stands (parts shortage) or just a case of waiting for the next ship to arrive with more monitors? My guess is likely the latter.

Associate
Just received an email updating the estimate on my delivery, also showing on my order page. Ordered at 8.06am and now my delivery estimate is 22nd April...

Associate
Just been confirmed via email my order is delayed until ETA of 22 April 2022 - Interestingly my order confirmation email came in at 08:38.

Still a bargain. So I'll wait. Can watch more reviews as they come in and always cancel!

Associate
Just had a delay confirmation on my 8:28 received, 8:38 confirmed order. Pushed out expected delivery to 22nd April which I can wait for.
For some extra data I did cancel my 8:12 received, 8:18 confirmed as I was unable to get the discount code applied, and I can wait for delivery.
For extra clarity there were 86 orders in-between my two so that should hopefully give you others some hope :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just received an email updating the estimate on my delivery, also showing on my order page. Ordered at 8.06am and now my delivery estimate is 22nd April...
Same. WTF…

Should have kept my original order which would have been delivered already and then hoped to get them to reduce the price on that or send it back after a week or so of fun. I only cancelled because I had managed to get an order in within 2-3 minutes and it was before anyone on here had posted to say they had their order in so I thought I was safe :(

Back
Top Bottom