World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Just been told on live chat that my order will be delivered tomorrow. This is consistent with the live chat who said it would be dispatched today. Who knows.
Weird when I tried live chat I get this message
We're sorry, but chat isn't available right now.
Chat is available 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM IST Monday to Friday. Please choose a different contact option or try again during normal hours of operation

Dell or DisplayCAL? The brightness and contrast are retained between modes on the OSD itself it seems, so switching to another mode you will have to recalibrate or re-adjust and store those B/C/RGB values for that mode you are in.

In the Alienware menu. On my oled tv contrast is always set to 100. And is independently adjustable from the sdr mode. When I adjust contrast in sdr mode on this monitor it adjusts contrast in hdr mode as well. They have tied contrast settings to both hdr and sdr. Surely that’s not right. Or maybe I’m wrong. Always thought contrast should be at 100 in hdr and lower in sdr.

Just been on the live chat as well and have been told the same as Seemi, that it will get delivered tomorrow. I ordered at 0806 and confirmed at 0811. Paid with Gpay and used the student 23% voucher code.

Can someone who is more clever than me explain what/if difference there will be going from a LG 38gl950g-b to this would be?

I mainly play fps games

You'll lose 400 pixels and ~3.5" in width and 160 pixels and ~1.5" in height.
You'll gain OLED (so infinitely better blacks)
You'll gain ~20% FPS due to the lower resolution
You'll be able to run 144hz @ 10bit or 175hz @ 8bit vs 120Hz @ 10bit or 144hz @ 8bit
You get a 3 year next business day warranty

Wait... the 38 has a fan?! I didn't even realise - never heard it ;D

Apparently so - same here, never heard mine and my PC is pretty quiet!

Meant to be dispatched this morning according to dell live chat. Nothing yet.

Still says to be delivered today rofl

Would be nice, but i'm skeptical.

I don't mind popping into the UPS depot to pick it up, its only 10 mins away - maybe i should suggest that on chat :cry:

Edit:

Time of order: 08:07 (on both "Order Received" email and credit card notification)
Order Confirmed: 08:11

Last edited:
I agree regarding “Time of order received” (I would have course hehe), as far as I know payments have been ring fenced (has on my credit card). so should go in order they came in.

So, having read back though the last 40 pages of forum posts, this makes for extremely depressing reading, with almost all of my confidence in Dell having been lost already. Although many might have posted that they'd ordered and not updated to say if they've been delivered or not, seems like Dell's royally f-d me on this one.

Placed my order and had the received order email at 8.09. Still even now have not received my order confirmation email.

Phoned Dell help on 22/3 at 10.50, told I'd be called back in 2 hours. Called again on 23/3 at 9.05 and was told that my call back should be 24-48 hours, not 2. Still not received a call back. In checking on my order, I'm in the same place as a lot of others, stuck in "processing", with ETA of 18/5. This is awful behaviour to sell a product as in stock for delivery in 2 days, but then actually take 2 months to deliver on it...

with ETA of 18/5

This is the bit I find most baffling, I don't understand why some people get different ETAs, surely that's just an automated thing at the point of placing an order?

I've got order received at 8:40, then confirmed 2 hours later, but still says estimated ship date of yesterday

At this point I'm not that bothered about a delay, would just like to know how long it's likely to be

I placed my order at 8:39am and it wasn't confirmed until 10:26am, estimated delivery date was still today but contacted live chat and they said:

I see that the the order is in pre-production stages. Unfortunately there is an unexpected delay due to supply Constraint.

There is high demand than usual for this new monitor. However, the manufacturing team is putting in all their efforts to ship the orders at the earliest.

We are expecting the supply constraints to clear by next week. However we do not have a confirmed information yet.

Next week sounds a bit too good to be true..

I placed my order at 8:39am and it wasn't confirmed until 10:26am, estimated delivery date was still today but contacted live chat and they said:

Next week sounds a bit too good to be true..

When I spoke to them I was told to expect my ETA to update within 24-48 hours, but the "next week" part is new (and would match with what some people have been told about Monday shipping). Hopefully that means there is a shipment on the way already?

Given the state of some of the boxes which people have received, I wonder if they've had a batch damaged in shipping or something which has impacted the amount of stock they have available?

Ordered 8:06am.
Confirmed 5:17pm.
Not moved into production or been shipped.
Estimated delivery 24th (today).

Just received a support update via email after ringing support yesterday afternoon blaming global parts shortage and that the revised estimated delivery is 31st March.

Honestly not sure what to believe, multiple different support contacts giving different answers.

Back
Top Bottom