World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Soldato
Alien Isolation, as much as I enjoyed it, not sure I fancy playing again, but might change my mind once I run out of things to play.

Compared to when i played it in 2016, Alien isolation just feels like a completely different game wtih Deep Colour elabled and the Contrast of QD-OLED.

When you first encounter the alien, It is far more horrifying. you hear it drop down then only notice it due to the sheen on it's head as it slowly rises from the darkness.

It also looks like Disney is working on a Sequel.

I think i also figured out what GSYNC : "GSYNC", "NORMAL", "OFF" all mean on the OSD.

GSYNC - Gsync is enabled and running as required.
NORMAL - Gsync is available over the connection but screen is just running in fixed refresh.
OFF - Straightforward, it's just completely off and not supported over the current display connection.

Last edited:
Soldato
UPS is a f$$king joke just got off the phone to them they confirmed that they sent my monitor to the wrong warehouse and cannot give me any ETA on when they're gonna be able to deliver it

:( Our local delivery lady is great (I felt bad for her having to carry 2 38" monitors to the door :p), but their actual logistics seem to be pretty bad - the duplicate one I sent back just sat in their depot for over a month and I ended up finally having to get my credit card company to step in to get my money back since Dell wouldn't refund until they received it!

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Amex have just given me the Dell offer, but Dell don’t give the option to change payment method, just cancel and reorder. Useless company! :D

Associate
:( Our local delivery lady is great (I felt bad for her having to carry 2 38" monitors to the door :p), but their actual logistics seem to be pretty bad - the duplicate one I sent back just sat in their depot for over a month and I ended up finally having to get my credit card company to step in to get my money back since Dell wouldn't refund until they received it!
I'm very concerned that it won't be delivered if it is delivered that's gonna be smashed to hell off treking at all around the country im so annoyed

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You can just leave it in Peak 1000 mode at all times. I only switch to HDR when playing Cyberpunk etc now. IN Windows it's always in SDR mode. When playing HDR movies, it auto switches to HDR in Windows anyway and then goes back to HDR when the movie finishes so all good on that front.

So Mode in OSD is Creator, colour space is sRGB, gamma is 2.4. Brightness put to whatever you find comfy, and contrast is set to 66 for me as I find that the best balance to retain highlight detail in SDR mode.

In HDR mode the brightness control is locked out as HDR manages luminance.

Cool. Will see how I get on with default and then try that out. Don’t have a colour calibrator anymore as sold I sold it somewhat recently due to knowing I am upgrading to OLED and I think that was not supported. If I am happy with out of box settings I may not bother with getting something new.

Compared to when i played it in 2016, Alien isolation just feels like a completely different game wtih Deep Colour elabled and the Contrast of QD-OLED.

When you first encounter the alien, It is far more horrifying. you hear it drop down then only notice it due to the sheen on it's head as it slowly rises from the darkness.

It also looks like Disney is working on a Sequel.

I think i also figured out what GSYNC : "GSYNC", "NORMAL", "OFF" all mean on the OSD.

GSYNC - Gsync is enabled and running as required.
NORMAL - Gsync is available over the connection but screen is just running in fixed refresh.
OFF - Straightforward, it's just completely off and not supported over the current display connection.

Will have to have a go at some point :)

Soldato
I've just realised I have to take my cat to the vet, right in the delivery window!! I'm home alone at the moment so nobody else around to take it annoyingly - I bet it gets attempted whilst I am out!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Mines still not out for delivery, despite being due today. **** show.
I just checked and same here. Lol.

Says it is in Tamworth. So I called them and they are saying it is still with Dell. Right…

UPS indeed seem like a bunch of noobs. For sure won’t be getting it today. Oh well. Maybe that is why they put shipping early April and delivery end of April, as they know UPS are useless :cry:

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Looking at the location time, it is before the label creation time. So yea, I guess it is still with Dell as the guy at UPS said. Let’s hope it turns up in the next few days I guess.

Man of Honour
:D

nfS9mIC.gif

Cool. Will see how I get on with default and then try that out. Don’t have a colour calibrator anymore as sold I sold it somewhat recently due to knowing I am upgrading to OLED and I think that was not supported. If I am happy with out of box settings I may not bother with getting something new.

Honestly having used this in Creator mode with sRGB enabled and gamma 2.4, I would not worry about colour accuracy as to my eyes (and HDTV Test's spectrometer!), this mode is very accurate. I'm in no rush to go calibrate again so even if the i1Display Pro's correction profile takes a year for someone to create and upload, then I don't mind purely because what I am seeing feels accurate to me and all my edited photos that were produced on the IPS which was calibrated, look the same on this, so that is assurance enough for me. My only question now is how much, if at all, does QD-OLED deviate over time which may or may not require calibration from what it comes with at the factory calibration. Only time will tell.

Regarding brightness, though I'd do a quick video showing what it's like with sunshine coming in through a window and the AR coating doing its thing with my set of brightness/contrast values to get to around 100 nits for normal usage. Keep in mind when watching or playing HDR stuff, the brightness you set in the OSD is discarded anyway as HDR controls that during HDR playback.

(And before someone mentions the recently viewed ebay wedding dresses, they were searches for a photo shoot I'm planning :p)

Man of Honour
Just noticed my support ticket with Dell about the packaging sheet marks previously mentioned by myself and other, an update on the ticket today shows:

Thu, Mar 31, 2022, 10:17 am

AGENT
Work Order

A parts and/or labor dispatch has been initiated for this support request.

Wonder what parts and/or labor means, they sending someone out to replace the front panel AR film or something?

Caporegime
(And before someone mentions the recently viewed ebay wedding dresses, they were searches for a photo shoot I'm planning :p)

yeah yeah....

https://www.google.com/search?q=men...QY8AKHV_DD3cQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=2002&bih=1153

:p :D

Great video showing that though, exactly my thoughts too and is probably what has impressed me the most aside from the oled usual pros., so much, that I can keep the blind open somewhat now even on a sunny day where as with last monitor, the black out blind had to be closed entirely.

Back
Top Bottom