World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
OP
This weekend has been a mess over this side of the pond, constant DDOS attacks, including just now. All US servers are down again.

You'd think they'd have better protection than this :(

Soldato
Anyone recently reactivated an old account? I've got two Vanilla Collectors Edition in the loft and was thinking about firing up my old main account for fun and to see where I left it.

Associate
Anyone recently reactivated an old account? I've got two Vanilla Collectors Edition in the loft and was thinking about firing up my old main account for fun and to see where I left it.
You will not need either of those boxes. You have always needed a BNET acount to play WOW. All you need to do is download the client.
Without an active sub it will be set to starter edition rules.
With a sub you will get access to classic and all current content (-1 expansion).
You will most likely find you have a few boosts available on the character selection screen as well.

Soldato
You will not need either of those boxes. You have always needed a BNET acount to play WOW. All you need to do is download the client.
Without an active sub it will be set to starter edition rules.
With a sub you will get access to classic and all current content (-1 expansion).
You will most likely find you have a few boosts available on the character selection screen as well.

Apparently to recover the old accounts I will need the original codes or details of the account. I have a new Bnet account but that has no link to my original vanilla accounts. I've not got any interest in the current game but I would like to see what is on my old account (s). Bnet didn't support WoW until 2009, after I had quit.

Associate

Apparently to recover the old accounts I will need the original codes or details of the account. I have a new Bnet account but that has no link to my original vanilla accounts. I've not got any interest in the current game but I would like to see what is on my old account (s). Bnet didn't support WoW until 2009, after I had quit.

I couldn't remember a few details of my old WoW account but I contacted Blizzard anyway - provided my ID and some vague details of what I could remember such as my first character name, the realm I played on and that I paid for a faction change and they ran through a few more details and recovered my account and it took all of about 10 minutes. Might be worth giving it a shot?

Associate
Currently level 42. Starting to burn out a little bit now. Mostly due to the fact i joined a server and alliance because my friend wanted that faction/server, and as of yet i have not even had a chance to play with him because he has no job so can play all day and has been 10+ levels ahead of me constantly.

At this point i cant see myself re-subbing for another month and might stop playing when my sub runs out.

Though the game is really fun, enjoying it just as much as i did when i played back in 2005. Just wish i had more time to spare to play a bit more, and i can see myself being frustrated not having the time to get the gear/pvp rewards etc that i got back in the day.

I am already starting to sacrifice stuff IRL in order to play more such as missing going to the gym, not doing stuff around the house... its quite scary lol.

Its quite sad, but back in the day vanilla to burning crusade at age 17-19 i basically spent 17-18 hours a day playing :/ though i wouldn't of changed it if i could go back in time as it was immensly enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom