World War Z

Soldato
Well it isn't the most demanding game hardware wise. My monitor at 100Hz is my limiting factor

IMG-0713.jpg

The Vulcan API showing very low GPU usage.

IMG-0714.jpg

Associate
That interview pretty much sums it up for me, I refunded after a couple of games before the 2 hour limit was up.

The swarm concept was great but it is a bit boring outside of that, certainly never scratched my L4D itch.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
That interview pretty much sums it up for me, I refunded after a couple of games before the 2 hour limit was up.

The swarm concept was great but it is a bit boring outside of that, certainly never scratched my L4D itch.

That's a shame I was really looking forward to it.

Soldato

OK, so I watched this out of interest and I must say, he's a douche - I couldn't watch the full thing.

His initial comparison is to Left for Dead. L4D isn't a tactical shooter, its a run and gun without strat or hesitation. He seems to be complating for the sake of complaining, certainly doesn't understand what this game is trying to achieve. WWZ is a cross between Dead Island and Division. You've got similar gunplay, character movement and item interaction as you do in Division. His rant about picking up item is just stupid. As for the skill trees, that's exactly how RPGs are supposed to work. Same for Destiny 2 and Division 1/2, the investment into your skill tree/abilities/talents makes you a more formidible player.

Given the level of configuration you have against your weapons and classes, I'd say this reaffirms the games position within the Division type genre. I love how little mods/changes to gear/weapons/classes can have a positive/negative impact.

All in all, he's playing the wrong game if he's after another L4D game, this is not it.

As above, certainly doesn't look like it was ever designed to be that kind of game.

Soldato
OK, so I watched this out of interest and I must say, he's a douche - I couldn't watch the full thing.

His initial comparison is to Left for Dead. L4D isn't a tactical shooter, its a run and gun without strat or hesitation. He seems to be complating for the sake of complaining, certainly doesn't understand what this game is trying to achieve. WWZ is a cross between Dead Island and Division. You've got similar gunplay, character movement and item interaction as you do in Division. His rant about picking up item is just stupid. As for the skill trees, that's exactly how RPGs are supposed to work. Same for Destiny 2 and Division 1/2, the investment into your skill tree/abilities/talents makes you a more formidible player.

Given the level of configuration you have against your weapons and classes, I'd say this reaffirms the games position within the Division type genre. I love how little mods/changes to gear/weapons/classes can have a positive/negative impact.

All in all, he's playing the wrong game if he's after another L4D game, this is not it.
ohh that's certainly piqued my interest - i had just assumed this was just a spray and pray type game which isn't my cup of tea anymore. so this is more an RPG, or rather 'Divisionesque' but with zombies?

Back
Top Bottom