Worst places in England.

Soldato
Bradford seems to get a lot of a stick. It’s a lovely city if you can look past the drug-dealing, fraud, poor driving, crime people.

Full of history and beautiful architecture, sadly after the riots it went on a massive downwards spiral.

Tbh, the north is grim. Leeds is decent but some parts of Leeds aren’t what they used to be.

There are good and bad parts in every city, sadly it’s because of the people and not because of the city.

Caporegime
Most cities.
I just can't cope with doing so many houses so close together. Feels claustrophobic.

Where my sister lives in Birmingham s next to some green space but it still feels "city".

My least favourite areas are where houses are all terraced, cars are parked everywhere, and the street feels like a tunnel of man made construction.

There are a few streets in Cardiff I drive down and every time I just think "I could not live here"

Also most places that are flat.

Edit.
This is my living nightmare of where to live.
It could be any city. Getting home, having to find somewhere to park your car. People left and right. Especially if walls mean you can hear people and they can hear you. Not a scrap of greenery
kJGlTVs.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Well tbh most people who live in places like that probably wouldn't choose to live there either if they didn't have to.
It's not places that ruin things, it's people. More people= more scum.

Caporegime
Well tbh most people who live in places like that probably wouldn't choose to live there either if they didn't have to.
It's not places that ruin things, it's people. More people= more scum.

Those houses cost as much as ours! They aren't dive prices

Soldato
Some people do like living in cities, it's alien to me but then we are all different. I grew up in a terrace but not quite like those pictured, we had a massive garden at the back the entire road did, these days they would cram another 2 rows of houses in there.

Soldato

Edit.
It could be any city. Getting home, having to find somewhere to park your car. People left and right. Especially if walls mean you can hear people and they can hear you. Not a scrap of greenery
kJGlTVs.jpg

Treharris Street is alright, as long as you're not at the City Road end.

I used to live in Splott/ Adamsdown, so know what you mean about the lack of greenery. The only wildlife was rats and seagulls.

Soldato
Bradford seems to get a lot of a stick. It’s a lovely city if you can look past the drug-dealing, fraud, poor driving, crime people.

Full of history and beautiful architecture, sadly after the riots it went on a massive downwards spiral.

Tbh, the north is grim. Leeds is decent but some parts of Leeds aren’t what they used to be.

There are good and bad parts in every city, sadly it’s because of the people and not because of the city.

Soldato
I also hate the parking wars in those sort of streets, as I've said before i lived 50 yards from Karen Matthews estate, ours was a decent looking semi but rubbish sound insulation with utter scum next door, constant parking issues with 4 car family's, i would have happily had half my near neighbours shot tbh and laughed at the funerals but i am not bitter (much) as it paid for this house :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
So what are the most desirable/expensive areas to live up north nowadays then ?

I’m sure there lots of nice small villages etc but what about bigger towns etc ?

Wilmslow, Alderley Edge and Bramhall were desirable places in Cheshire until the footballers moved in and turned them from old money, good taste to new money, appalling taste and drugsville. I know at least four people personally that have moved to Shropshire because the footballers made lovely olde worlde villages in Cheshire into tawdry monuments to an excess of money over good breeding.

Wrea Green and Lytham St. Annes in Lancashire and Knutsford in Cheshire, and Heptonstall in Yorkshire ( a stunning time warp well worth visiting) are are still pretty unspoilt, although the council estates of Knutsford afford their share of ongoing problems.

I would say if you simply judge an area on property prices, Cheshire has it, if you judge it on how unspoilt it is parts of Lancashire and Yorkshire probably have it, amongst areas i am sufficiently familiar with in the North to comment upon.

Last edited:
Soldato
Most cities.
I just can't cope with doing so many houses so close together. Feels claustrophobic.

Where my sister lives in Birmingham s next to some green space but it still feels "city".

My least favourite areas are where houses are all terraced, cars are parked everywhere, and the street feels like a tunnel of man made construction.

There are a few streets in Cardiff I drive down and every time I just think "I could not live here"

Also most places that are flat.

Edit.
kJGlTVs.jpg
Its weird, I actually quite like streets like this, not entirely sure why. Quite similar to some of the streets my great, great grandparents lived in Port Talbot. Not sure id want to live on one though, not practical for my lifestyle. Port Talbot seems a bit of a dump from driving through it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom