Worst places in England.

Soldato
I really enjoy London tbh, its not my thing long term but my daughter loves the place, i know it helps that her and her husband have great jobs but they just seem to have a very full social life there, theatre, comedy clubs, d&d nights ,ect ect, i guess as people get older they start to crave the county life, i hear Polzeath has been called Fulham by the sea (dammed if i can remember where i read this)
Edit let's put in a pic from last week's visit, very touristy I know but hey ho

Screenshot-2023-02-18-21-50-36-58-99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Oppo find x2 pro

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's funny how some people think London is all one homogeneous mass with no variety, no diversity and no difference from one area to the next.

The vast majority of it is a cesspit unless you are in the top 5% and I have driven all over it. You can say the same about Birmingham as well.

Everyone has their opinion though. I always feel claustrophobic going in and being around London then I feel I can breath again as soon as I hit the M11 northbound. Maybe it is because I have spent the vast majority of my life in sparsely populated areas but in the age of internet delivery being close to a large population is largely irrelevant now and our road network is very good compared to the vast majority. Getting to say an airport is a breeze.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Yeh but what if you wanted to spend your life savings in a faux-posh "restaurant" with your fellow poor buddies? You'd be missing out on the 2 hour sweaty bus and underground tram journey!

Caporegime
I accidentally ended up in Crewe once, I felt like not having webbed feet and three eyes and a car less than 20 years old made me a celebrity.

Stoke is a bit of a dump, not as bad as everyone always makes out though.

Isle of Sheppey is by far the worst place I've ever been in the UK, we went to see the Richard Montgomery and quickly hightailed it out of there.

Caporegime
Romford Essex.

After being back here for 3 days I can honestly say the place is a s hole. Even worse than i remember it.
It's like an overflow for ****iest parts of inner London.
People act and are like vermin. I can't believe I came from this cesspit. I dread to think how my life would be if I had stayed here.
I dunno what's happened to Romford in general but it's so multicultural now. I don't think I heard anyone speaking English maybe 1 in 5 conversations. The spread 8n just ten years is mind-blowing.
No that's not racist btw just a fact. B4 anyone dedicates their bed. :p

And the rubbish on the floor.... Lol

Last edited:
Permabanned
Romford Essex.

After being back here for 3 days I can honestly say the place is a s hole. Even worse than i remember it.
People act and are like vermin. I can't believe I came from this cesspit. I dread to think how my life would be if I had stayed here.
I dunno what's happened to Romford in general but it's so multicultural now. I don't think I heard anyone speaking English maybe 1 in 5 conversations. The spread 8n just ten years is mind-blowing.

Sajid Javid (now he's firmly out of the running for Prime Minister), ineloquently says "So what?"

Caporegime
Romford Essex.

Cultural enrichment mate.

Caporegime
"I'm not racist btw" lol
Polish isn't a race. :p a lctually after growing up in Peckham/Romford I'm pretty culturally enriched I'm just amazed at the shear "diversity" which actually fits for once.
Lot of eastern European languages i have no clue on other than they are different.
African languages in at least 2 flavours.
It's an incredible change for such a short period..

Last edited:
Associate
Lived in Richmond upon Thames for the past five years, lovely area, very upper middle class.

Ultimately got bored of it though and now live in Brixton which is a lot less scenic and rougher but also a lot more lively and fun.

Middle class suburbia can become very dull.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom