Poll: WOULD OcUK MEMBERS LIKE TO SEE MORE PRODUCT VIDEOs BUT DONE BY NERDPHILIA

Would you like to see products tested, reviews and how to by Nerdphilia

• Yes

Votes: 45 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 331 88.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Why are so many people referring to her as a "girl"?

Girls are female children. She looks about 35.

It's just a way of affectionately referring to women. I often refer to women as girls. Women like to feel and look young. I guess you could say why do women refer to men sometimes as 'flower' or 'darling', it's the same thing, an affectionate way of referring.

Soldato
It's just a way of affectionately referring to women. I often refer to women as girls. Women like to feel and look young. I guess you could say why do women refer to men sometimes as 'flower' or 'darling', it's the same thing, an affectionate way of referring.

I was always told, refer to girls as women/ladies as they try and look more grown up and refer to women as girls because they always want to look young. :D

Associate
The random "pretty" girls that have been mentioned can't possibly be taken seriously with their boobs out or squealing/pouting at the camera. This is obviously their hook, ooh, the novelty of a girl who is a gamer.

I'd rather watch a fat middle aged man (Richard Leadbetter at Digital Foundry/Eurogamer) review hardware, because he knows his stuff and is in it for this reason alone.

If OcUK want to be taken seriously, bin this idea completely. Get people who know their stuff and are passionate about hardware, not attention whores.

What's the aim of these product videos? To get an unbiased review of a product? (as mentioned by other members, a review of a product sent for free to a YouTube attention whore isn't going to be unbiased, is it?)

Hell, send stuff out to members, get them to review a product and you'll no doubt get honesty, while rewarding loyal customers (I know that forum membership does not equal loyalty to the company, but this can be checked if need be).

Soldato

Hmm fair enough. Personally I feel no reason to display affection toward some random old lady from youtube, on an internet forum full of men.

Soldato
I'll watch the video when I get home so I'll reserve judgement on 'NERDPHILIA' for now but I would say if you want to pair up with a decent Youtube partner I would suggest someone like Digital Foundry? There a very credible, and honest channel and there very thorough with their testing and analysis which gives them much better credibility then other channels like LLT, OC3D (bank rolled by Asus and Corsair lol) et el.

If you want female Youtuber why not try TastyPC? She's experienced and been around for while and she wants to get channel back on tack the only drawback I see is her reliability.

Associate
I think the question OCUK needs to ask themselves is; 'Do we want to alienate some of our existing user base to potentially gain some people from a different demographic'?

Soldato
I think the question OCUK needs to ask themselves is; 'Do we want to alienate some of our existing user base to potentially gain some people from a different demographic'?

Indeed. I wouldn't worry though. I'm guessing the mods will abide by this poll which is clearly conclusive.

Oq5JvcR.jpg

Caporegime
It is sad to see that ASUS have also gone down the same path of providing free products to clueless youtubers all because they have a big following or/and boobs. They use to provide products to forum members but it seems that since they got a new PR/marketing guy, that programme was dropped for the above :o

Bitfenix were also good, they provided a lot of free products on this forum in return for reviews but it seems that they have also stopped doing this.

Soldato
The presentation style in the video is just annoying im sorry to say.

How about Lauren from tastypc? Much calmer and nicer style plus she really knows her hardware stuff.

One more vote for TastyPC. I agree, she does come across as knowing her stuff and doesn't overdo it with the cheesy jokes.

Back
Top Bottom