Poll: WOULD OcUK MEMBERS LIKE TO SEE MORE PRODUCT VIDEOs BUT DONE BY NERDPHILIA

Would you like to see products tested, reviews and how to by Nerdphilia

• Yes

Votes: 45 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 331 88.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
I had voted yes because I do like a good video review, I always like to see items I'm planning on buying being used rather than just pics and there are often not enough decent video reviews.
I voted before watching her because I thought more vids is a good thing, changed my vote to a no afterwards though.

Soldato
The presentation style in the video is just annoying im sorry to say.

How about Lauren from tastypc? Much calmer and nicer style plus she really knows her hardware stuff.

She seems a lot more genuine, but I am not a fan of that lighting/camera work when she is talking. I am no expert or anything but when she is talking it doesn't look right.

The camera work on the rest of the video is much better, so I'd assume it's just the way it's shot.

V F

V F

Soldato
She seems a lot more genuine, but I am not a fan of that lighting/camera work when she is talking. I am no expert or anything but when she is talking it doesn't look right.

The camera work on the rest of the video is much better, so I'd assume it's just the way it's shot.

I'm pretty sure the camera/lighting setup is all her. Tripod or something. She sets it up, she does all the editing.

Soldato
Whilst I did post a negative opinion on this, it was just to state that I prefer written reviews than a video review.
However, some of stuff spouted here is quite toxic indeed.

I just want to elaborate on my point further.
Probably 95% of the time video reviews are done by someone with zero presentation skills, a hungry ego and little experience.
I feel as though the YouTube generation (hazard a guess at anyone under 21 today) tend to use YouTube as a go-to for information and feed this narcissism instead of reading and researching through multiple well written articles, which is quite sad really. It's too easy to slap a piece of trash out there on YouTube, with no skill or moderation.

Those videos posted in the OP won't do much for your rep (positively that is) as a leading business In your market, this should be obvious. They don't really give you much insight to the product and it's 50% waffle and silliness with not a shred of professionalism. If you want to appeal to these YouTube generations though, then go ahead, maybe you want to draw in the younger generation and this is a goal for you. But I implore you to at least direct the video, by that I mean giving initial structure and reviewing before posting out to the world.

The guy from KitGuru can do video reviews well, they would be a good place to start IMO. Please for the love of all things beautiful in this world, do not do a Linus.

Last edited:

J.T

J.T

Soldato
I'm sure she is a lovely young lady but no thanks.

Would prefer something along the lines of what they do at Andertons, two mates having a giggle and some banter while still getting a product review.

Soldato
I'd vote for the tastypc girl, she seems like she could do with a bit of a "boost", maybe being affiliated with OcUK could be a "win/win".

Given the nature of the vote it seems like OcUK is a little out of touch with what people actually want :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom