Poll: WOULD OcUK MEMBERS LIKE TO SEE MORE PRODUCT VIDEOs BUT DONE BY NERDPHILIA

Would you like to see products tested, reviews and how to by Nerdphilia

• Yes

Votes: 45 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 331 88.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Following my thread close, I wasn't advising my own channel maybe I should have only linked his Twitter post? What I getting at here you skipping past, local people in the UK people that give you money and yet you see outside for sponsorship deals?
Erm fair enough, continue the quest to find nice looking woman from abroad... Lol

When we have loads of talented people living in this country that would jump at the opportunity to have a sponsor deal.

Had this OP been for TastyPC I would have said Yes.

V F

V F

Soldato
I was subscribed to TastyPCTV but un-subbed after a few months as her style of presentation got on my nerves. When I want information on PC hardware I want information, not some bimbo flirting with the camera and lacking in depth knowledge of the subject.

You're all heart. Cuddly bear?

Caporegime
Just no.

Personally I find video reviews of PC components bar cases rather pointless. Most people are only really bothered about the performance so while it's nice to see what a graphics card looks like you don't need someone droning on in a video while they pan over with a dslr when you could just look at a picture in a review. Cases are the exception because it's easier to show build process etc.

Soldato
I think it would be better if you let us do a review..let everyone willing to do one post on a thread and they do a video review some would be good, some would be bad but at least it would be entertaining. You have all our details so money could be taken if no review was produced and people would be getting free kit.

I think it would be better if you let us do a review..let everyone willing to do one post on a thread and they do a video review some would be good, some would be bad but at least it would be entertaining. You have all our details so money could be taken if no review was produced and people would be getting free kit.

i think you're missing the point. if they get you to review the item, who is going to watch it? maybe 50 people on this forum at very best. by getting someone like the girl they suggested who has 57K followers and growing, they are getting to a larger amount of people.

i don't think the point of this thread was should we do video reviews and if so how, i think it's more should we do video reviews with nerdaphilia. the answer was no from everyone on here and for good reasons. the answer would also be no to anyone remotely like her such as zoalla. her videos are a joke to the viewers. it's all me me me at the start of the video, with pointless rambling about nonsense we don't care for to increase the video length. anyone ever watch MKBHD? he doesn't start the video with a minute of rambling about how his delivery guy carder him one day so he had to wait another day and then he had to pop out for lunch so waited and waited but decided after 40 minutes to go out for lunch. he got a starbucks coffee it was so nice but when he got back he found he had been carded again O.M.G but then he called the post office and he want and go it but on the way he had to fill up petrol in his car.

Soldato
i think you're missing the point. if they get you to review the item, who is going to watch it? maybe 50 people on this forum at very best. by getting someone like the girl they suggested who has 57K followers and growing, they are getting to a larger amount of people.

i don't think the point of this thread was should we do video reviews and if so how, i think it's more should we do video reviews with nerdaphilia. the answer was no from everyone on here and for good reasons.

The thing is, they would be better doing the decent videos themselves and bringing traffic to their own youtube channel, not only for sales but to increase ad revenue on Youtube. I must get asked a dozen times a week "my son would like to get into game design, what advice do you have?" or "I'd like to build a custom PC, any advice?". These are videos they should be doing as well, a reason to bring traffic to their channel from outside of the current community. If they want this woman on there, fly her over and get her to do a guest spot. She then talks about it and links to the channel from hers, you've now got her fans watching your own. I used to spend hours a week looking at ways of doing just that kind of thing. Loved it.

although i do for the most part agree if they are going to do it, it's better to do their own channel and grow that as i'm sure they'd quickly grow a good sized audience. there are issues though with it. i feel them reviewing their own products that they sell may not go down too well with viewers. it will seem clearly biased and they are unlikely to say anything bad about one of their biggest suppliers are they or an item with a huge mark up they may be too tempted to over sell it in the review. would there be issues of favourtism to one brand over another? what about if they make a video, it doesn't sell well so they pull it. do they pull the video too after saying how good it is? There was an issues with the most recent LG monitor built for macs being too close to routers causing issues. should they mention this? if not then people will think of them as dishonest. if so, then what happens when the issue is fixed? what do you think LG will think of ocuk making videos about an issue they'd rather sweep under the rug real quick?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom